JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got a stripped lower I need to throw parts on and I can't decide what caliber and build I should do.

I was looking at a cheaper 300 BO 7" pistol kit from PSA, but figured if I'm gonna shoot rounds that cost about $1 I should probably do my self the service of putting good parts on that gun.

I've considered getting the CMMG .458 SOCOM completed upper as it would be cool to shoot surface to air missiles out of an AR.

I've also considered 6.5 Grendel for a long-range setup.

I can't decide...someone help me out here.

Last Edited:
If I were to pick a just because gun, it'd be of the socom variety. There're a billion .223s, .300blk strikes me as a hip young old guy cartridge, and if you want precision/long range, why not go bolt or larger frame? I'd personally be a .375 for me because eff it, I wanna be different. Really the only reason

I was never a pistol fan until I got one. Same with the 20" A4 clone. No matter what you build next year you will build something else. Point is, you can't go wrong.

Define the purpose of the gun first than go from there. If you're building something just to build something than it doesn't really matter. Personally, when I build a gun I have a specific use in mind. I do the same thing with the purchase of pretty everything not just guns.

Define the purpose of the gun first than go from there. If you're building something just to build something than it doesn't really matter. Personally, when I build a gun I have a specific use in mind. I do the same thing with the purchase of pretty everything not just guns.

This*^^^

If you gotta ask then you have no real need for a designated purpose built gun so I guess whatever you can afford - go hog wild or try to build the cheapest good gun, or funky caliber or trendy.

It's a bit like asking folks to recommend what new underwear to start wearing :p

Depends on what you already have.

I don't understand why everyone looks down their nose at PSA parts. I have everything from them from the Freedom line upper to the FN Barrel uppers. Really, they are all the same it seems. Every time I pull the trigger, the steel gong sings regardless of which upper. Distances out to 150 yards.

You really can't go wrong with whatever caliber you choose.

I have 300Blk Out in 8.5" pistol, 16" DMR configuration both really good ARs. I'm building another pistol with the Sig PDW brace.

This*^^^

If you gotta ask then you have no real need for a designated purpose built gun so I guess whatever you can afford - go hog wild or try to build the cheapest good gun, or funky caliber or trendy.

It's a bit like asking folks to recommend what new underwear to start wearing :p

Thats fair. This is a gun just for guns sake as I like doing builds and I feel have the range of practical firearms decently covered. Someone suggested .22lr and I'm thinking that may be the route I go with this one.

I'm in the same dilemma. Cant decide,but, I am so done with 223/556. Looked at 458 socom, 450 BM, 50Beowulf, and 350 legend. Leaning toward the 350 legend, ammo cost, reloading options, magazine capacity. Decent enough ballistics too. Maybe as a pistol? Beats the 357 max.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top