JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tigard Pawn has a new policy that if you do not call on the phone (not email) and let them know you have a firearm coming their way for transfer, the transfer will be $75 instead of $25. This applies to firearms being sent to them from another FFL. This does not apply to walk in private party transfers.

They are giving customers a mulligan for first failure to notify them. The policy was evidently started a couple of months ago but the announcement has not been listed on their website, nor has it been posted in the store as of this morning. When you call to let them know you have a transfer coming their way they will fill out a sheet with gun type and where it's coming from.

Their phone number is 503-624-7800.

Last Edited:
Well that's a dirty trick... I can see a fee for not notifying, but given how many people see phones as archaic relics and are jecked into computers or phones all day email should get the same "advance notice given" rate.

I'd recommend anyone steer clear of Tigard Pawn in general. The owner is ignorant of firearm laws and when I tried to do a private party transfer with another member on here, he refused and became very hostile. We ended up going to another FFL and had no problem. Needless to say, we were both shocked by his unprofessional behavior.

I'd recommend anyone steer clear of Tigard Pawn in general. The owner is ignorant of firearm laws and when I tried to do a private party transfer with another member on here, he refused and became very hostile. We ended up going to another FFL and had no problem. Needless to say, we were both shocked by his unprofessional behavior.
I got the impression from their policies/etc., that they are not particularly receptive towards private transfers. Some of the personnel were fine, but still had to enforce their policies. My bet is that the owner sees transfers as a nuisance and is trying to discourage that aspect of the business. He would be better off just adopting a policy of not doing private transfers at all - the effect will be the same.

I just don't like having my hand held for fingerprints. If we're going to get that friendly, at
least offer lunch!!!

I'll stick with A Cut Above, Jon and staff has always been top notch and don't charge for copying your drivers license…. Go figure…

I got the impression from their policies/etc., that they are not particularly receptive towards private transfers. Some of the personnel were fine, but still had to enforce their policies. My bet is that the owner sees transfers as a nuisance and is trying to discourage that aspect of the business. He would be better off just adopting a policy of not doing private transfers at all - the effect will be the same.
Not the case at all. Tigard Pawn thrives on transfers, it's pretty much their bread and butter. They are quick about proccessing them too. The extra fees are an annoyance though.

I just don't like having my hand held for fingerprints. If we're going to get that friendly, at
least offer lunch!!!

I'll stick with A Cut Above, Jon and staff has always been top notch and don't charge for copying your drivers license…. Go figure…
I hated that too but they quit doing it. I am guessing it generated a lot of complaints and covid gave them an out.

Thanks for the heads up as I was not aware of the policy.

And another shout out to A Cut Above Pawn and their staff. Great group over there and my go to FFL for 10+ years.

When I am ordering a firearm from an online retailer, I always call my receiving FFL to coordinate with them anyway, so this policy actually makes sense.

I seriously doubt this policy applies to local, walk-in private transfers.

Tigard Pawn has been excellent to work with in the many transfers (buying and selling)I have done there.

least offer lunch!!!

They use to take your fingerprints for a firearm transfer? Yikes. That just reinforces my view of the owner being an anti-gun fudd.

When I am ordering a firearm from an online retailer, I always call my receiving FFL to coordinate with them anyway, so this policy actually makes sense.

I seriously doubt this policy applies to local, walk-in private transfers.

Tigard Pawn has been excellent to work with in the many transfers (buying and selling)I have done there.
It only applies to firearms being sent to them from another FFL.

I have passed on a number of items posted on this site because the seller has insisted on doing a transfer with this or any other pawn broker.
No pawn shop transfers for me..never have, never will.
There is a reason pawn shops in general have a bad reputation.
If I am in the market for an 8 track of Elvis's greatest hits or a brass plated hookah, I know where to go.
I won't risk having a screwed up transaction and along with it my future ability to have pain-free transfers. That's what politicians are for.

Thanks for the heads up! My thought is since when wouldn't I talk to my FFL to warn them of incoming firearm(s)? I'm old and forget a lot these days but I've never forgotten to talk to my FFL about something in bound to their business.

That said, I've used T Pawn quite a few times including last week - never an issue and the crew is always polite and almost friendly which isn't always the case for pawn type establishments.

YMMV :rolleyes:

The day they tried to charge me to make a copy of my Oregon CDL was the last day I ever stepped in there. Take your business elsewhere and while you're at it call ahead and let Tigard Pawn know where you're taking that business. 🤣

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top