JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just don't like having my hand held for fingerprints. If we're going to get that friendly, at
least offer lunch!!!

I'll stick with A Cut Above, Jon and staff has always been top notch and don't charge for copying your drivers license…. Go figure…
This. ☝️

I do all my transfers at A Cut Above, many with members here. They're friendly, the process is painless, and it's a $25 transfer fee.

Having a gun sent to a FFL and not notifying them it's coming is a crappy move, the folks there are dealing with a ton of firearms that show up and they have no clue why it's there. Common sense says let the FFL your having a firearm sent to know that it's coming and give as much info as possible, I just ordered a firearm to them for the first time, and first thing I did was call to let them know it's on the way, it's not difficult.

I was strafing the troll who visited this thread before having his posts redacted.

Troll strafing..... could that be considered.an Olympic event ?
The offender in question would have to be considered small game though.
Join the forum on day one, then start a universal attack binge on day two.

Here's a valid point to consider.
Tigard Pawn 4 more is the only FFL that I know of that will release a firearm to you after a BGC delay from the OSP runs out of their 30 day hold time limit and if they haven't renewed the delay, Tigard Pawn will call you and tell you to come pick it up five days later.
How many other FFL's will protect your 2nd Amendment rights?

Tigard Pawn 4 more is the only FFL that I know of that will release a firearm to you after a BGC delay from the OSP runs out of their 30 day hold time limit and if they haven't renewed the delay, Tigard Pawn will call you and tell you to come pick it up five days later.
2% of buyers are put into the pending/delay pot by OSP. That number could have jumped up considerably with the recent wave of new to gun pandemic purchasers. How many people has T.P. extended this courtesy to under normal circumstances? 1 or 2 folks a year? I wouldn't go as far as stating their intentions are to protect anybody's 2A rights or liberties when the mentioned scenario rarely takes place. If I was an FFL I would rather err on the side of caution do to the backlog on checks. If the BGC wasn't cleared after the 30 day delay I'd just give the customer the option of a full refund. It would be entirely up to them if they wanted to repurchase the gun and submit a fresh 4473. I'd eat the $10 BGC fee. I'm not being anti 2A on this topic I'm just thinking from a Pro Cover Your A$$ stance.

Think about a firearm shipped to them, they have to hold it for how long. What if you spent $3,000 on it and it's important to you like an upcoming hunting trip.
It's not just $10.00 at stake. I went through hell with OSP years ago and Tigard Pawn helped me immensely.

I know the scenarios can vary. I was just aiming at the common transactions that generate out of the FFL's inventory. Glad it all worked out in your instance.

They are a site sponsor and have supported NWFA for years. I have done several transfers there with good luck but…..the hand holding and the BS fee for a color copy of ID makes them one of the places I just try and avoid. There's so many other options like Jeremy or A Cut Above that makes it easier. Let's be honest, a transfer can be stressful for people that haven't done one (or very many) so why add the extra steps to the mix? How about just copy my damn ID and eat the few cents for the copy and how about not touching me when I print my thumbs? Seems easy enough. When I asked about holding my hand I was told that is the law. Boloney, be honest about it.

My delay troubles were cleared up by expunging a 1980 class B illegal roadside tourist trap conviction in Utah, since then I don't have any delay issues since I went to the trouble of clearing it off my record.
But every time I hear it's OK for the OSP to hassle the other guy, just as long as it doesn't bother me, I can't help but think how much ground we've lost by wrapping a cover my azz security blanket around ourselves.

They are a site sponsor and have supported NWFA for years. I have done several transfers there with good luck but…..the hand holding and the BS fee for a color copy of ID makes them one of the places I just try and avoid. There's so many other options like Jeremy or A Cut Above that makes it easier. Let's be honest, a transfer can be stressful for people that haven't done one (or very many) so why add the extra steps to the mix? How about just copy my damn ID and eat the few cents for the copy and how about not touching me when I print my thumbs? Seems easy enough. When I asked about holding my hand I was told that is the law. Boloney, be honest about it.
Yeah - I assume the color copy is their interpretation of "the law" too. Overall I get the feeling of the owner/manager being somewhat quirky and paranoid about what the law says or he thinks the law says. Either that, or every other FFL in the state is totally missing out on what the law says.

I too avoid T4More if I can

Every firearm I purchased as an OR resident required prints. No big deal.
Interesting. I'm a WA resident and have never had to give fingerprints to purchase a long gun in OR, and my latest purchase was a week ago. I also have sold multiple firearms in the last few months to OR buyers and I never seen them have to give prints. The FFL just always took their ID. Have I just been lucky with the 10 or so transfers I've done in OR?

Interesting. I'm a WA resident and have never had to give fingerprints to purchase a long gun in OR, and my latest purchase was a week ago. I also have sold multiple firearms in the last few months to OR buyers and I never seen them have to give prints. The FFL just always took their ID. Have I just been lucky with the 10 or so transfers I've done in OR?
I have had to give thumb prints every time.

Considering my personal interaction with the owner, and his refusing to do a private party transfer because I was a WA resident, I'd say he's not a huge proponent of "protecting 2nd amendment rights." Tigard Pawn is the only FFL out of half a dozen I've used in OR who has refused to do a transfer to me. Not only that, he was very rude and hostile.

I assume with the large influx of panic buyers, he does not want to be sitting on dozens, if not a hundred plus guns for a month at a time, waiting for the checks come back, and that he's not releasing them because he's such a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment...

I have not, but the times I did not was back in the mid 70s and some guns I bought before BGCs were required (2015).
Thumb prints have been required for years, 2015 was when the private transfer BGC law went into effect. I'm sure you know that already, just clarifying for any newer gun buyers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top