JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me state the facts. There is no one in my extended neighborhood that makes less than 100k a year. In my orevious neighborhood of Fort Mill there was no one in that burb making less than 150. The state median income is low because there are a lot of low income people who are used to living that way. The rest of us make a lot more and the numbers are skewed. You really have no idea what you are talking about.
I do know what I am talking about because I'm going off of factual information of incomes in that area and individuals who I have know my whole life that work high paying jobs that moved there and have tried to convince me to move there many times.

Trust me I've tried to convince myself to move there many times but after all the research I've done I just can't justify it. Just too low of pay for not much less of cost of living.

I do know what I am talking about because I'm going off of factual information of incomes in that area and individuals who I have know my whole life that work high paying jobs that moved there and have tried to convince me to move there many times.

Trust me I've tried to convince myself to move there many times but after all the research I've done I just can't justify it. Just too low of pay for not much less of cost of living.
Again, it's income for your career field and your friends field. It doesn't mean that other jobs don't exist.... Your sample size is lacking.

I dont know what slums you are hanging out in or what low income people you associate with but SC is booming with high paying jobs,..
Says the guy living there trying to make a point

Yeah I'll just ignore the crime rates, low income statistics, "diversity" factor (;)o_O) and cost of living and just trust what the dude on the forum is telling me :s0112::s0112::s0112:

Again, it's income for your career field and your friends field. It doesn't mean that other jobs don't exist.... Again, your sample size is lacking.
No, it is pretty much across the board and it is comparable in basically all careers. A doctor in SC makes 140k average a year. A doctor here makes 230k average a year.

An electrician here makes 145k a year. An electrician in SC makes 54k a year.

Average cost of living in SC is only 16% less than it is here on the west coast.

Please tell me where I can afford to take a 60% pay cut and still make my bills living there.

No, it is pretty much across the board and it is comparable in basically all careers. A doctor in SC makes 140k average a year. A doctor here makes 230k average a year.

An electrician here makes 145k a year. An electrician in SC makes 54k a year.

Average cost of living in SC is only 16% less than it is here on the west coast.

Please tell me where I can afford to take a 60% pay cut and still make my bills living there.
The national average starting salary for physicians is $250k (one of our friends is a physician recruiter).

But if you want to go off of friend groups, our main group all makes on excess of $150k per year in Roseburg. That's pushing towards three times the median household income for the area.

Again, your sample size is too small.

The national average starting salary for physicians is $250k (one of our friends is a physician recruiter).

But if you want to go off of friend groups, our main group all makes on excess of $150k per year in Roseburg. That's pushing towards three times the median household income for the area.

Read what you just typed, and re read what I typed before, and tell me what you learned.

If you don't understand, you're slow

He is stuck in the statistics trap. The numbers are skewed by the low income areas like in your example Camden . There's also wide swaths of the low country and rural areas full of poor people , euphemism there. When you get into professional careers like engineering and legal services and management in factories, high level sales etc his numbers are comical. These are apparently jobs and lifestyles he does not know about since he keep talking about $ an hour. I haven't touched a time clock in decades . My lawyer neighbor has 3 daughters in USC he's paying cash for and my neighbor to the right, the medical equipment tech, if I had his money I'd burn mine. The country clubs here aren't filled with electricians and doctors making $140k ? Yeah, no. He is in the statistics trap. And crime? Crime is limited to poor neighborhoods no one goes to . He is thinking like a poor person.

Last Edited:
When they take away your ability to defend that which you (claim to) have earned it ain't gonna matter a hill of beans what economic niche you fit in. All will be dirt poor when the government is done taking it.
Might want to go back and look at the thread title again.

He is stuck in the statistics trap. The numbers are skewed by the low income areas like in your example Camden . There's also wide swaths of the low country and rural areas full of poor people , euphemism there. When you get into professional careers like engineering and legal services and management in factories, high level sales etc his numbers are comical. These are apparently jobs and lifestyles he does not know about since he keep talking about $ an hour. I haven't touched a time clock in decades . My lawyer neighbor has 3 daughters in USC he's paying cash for and my neighbor to the right, the medical equipment tech, if I had his money I'd burn mine. The country clubs here aren't filled with electricians and doctors making $140k ? Yeah, no. He is in the statistics trap. And crime? Crime is limited to poor neighborhoods no one goes to . He is thinking like a poor person.
Yeah.... I'm over him. Both of my statistics put the top 10% into the $200k household. One income is typically bigger in a home as opposed to two high incomes, thus putting the $60/hr into reality as a top 10% income. Yes, the top 10% exists, so you can't claim "all of my friends are poor, so people can't make that much".

Right so you're saying my statistics are an anomaly yet use anomalies to make yourself feel like youre right? Those same people with those incomes live here to and are an anomaly.

Majority of the people on this forum do not make 3-400k+ a year.

I'm not thinking like a poor person I'm thinking logically.

What I said before is still correct, you are just unhappy with it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top