JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why is no one talking about this pile of garbage, it's going to bankrupt all our FFL's
I know the AWB just went threw too but where getting hammered

70563DC8-8C15-4A7F-B3A2-BAC6F748F3D3.png

Didn't Washington already pass a 10 round capacity limit? I'm confused how this bill does anything that hasn't already been done. It's like getting kicked in the left nut, then kicked in the right just for fun

This again will of course be put in by king jay. Then for the next year + we will see gun owners "just find out" about it who had no idea it happened. These are the same gun owners who will not bother to lift a finger to protect their rights and will of course be angry when they finally find out what they allowed to happen. So until that changes, if it does, we can count on more laws like this. One bite at a time with a lot of gun owners ignoring it. :s0092:

The stars are all aligning and it just might be time to pick up stakes and leave the Left Coast far behind me. At the risk of sounding defeatist, honestly, sometimes you just have to know when to cut your losses.

I still feel there is a risk to online ammo sales (for WA State residents) with SB 5078. I recommend Ammo Seek https://ammoseek.com for online price comparisons and links to vendors. If you are needing to stock up a tad then I recommend you get busy.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?billnumber=5078&year=2023
After this the law makers will of course move on to the next thing. The norm is most people will not pay attention just like they do not pay attention to panic shortages. After it happens we will for months read all the people who were caught off guard yet again.

After this the law makers will of course move on to the next thing. The norm is most people will not pay attention just like they do not pay attention to panic shortages. After it happens we will for months read all the people who were caught off guard yet again.
This is so true of a statement, I can see the future threads.

Politicians need something to sell. Imagine a burger restaurant that sold all of its hamburgers on the first day and had a barren menu the next day. They'd go out of business.

The Democrats need something to sell to their voters. Last year they marketed the mag ban. This year they sold their AW ban. Next year they'll market something else to their voter block. Ammo ban, CPL restrictions, registration and possession limits on AWs, whatever. They don't care what any NWFA members think. They know it won't actually stop crime. The point is power and control.

Politicians need something to sell. Imagine a burger restaurant that sold all of its hamburgers on the first day and had a barren menu the next day. They'd go out of business.

The Democrats need something to sell to their voters. Last year they marketed the mag ban. This year they sold their AW ban. Next year they'll market something else to their voter block. Ammo ban, CPL restrictions, registration and possession limits on AWs, whatever. They don't care what any NWFA members think. They know it won't actually stop crime. The point is power and control.
Close. It's about their donors: Michael Bloomberg, MDA, and Giffords. There's no money to be made in safety, that's why Oregon ditched 7 bills last week that would have provided safety to children in schools and the general public. They can't sell that because there's no money in it.

They can, however, push gun control because these three a-holes are paying for it.

You want to fix that? Either find a way to get rich activists out of politics, or pay politicians more than they do. And since nobody can come close to the $20 billion Michael Bloomberg has at his disposal, then it's probably a mute point.

It's less to do with power and control, and more to do with money.

Close. It's about their donors: Michael Bloomberg, MDA, and Giffords. There's no money to be made in safety, that's why Oregon ditched 7 bills last week that would have provided safety to children in schools and the general public. They can't sell that because there's no money in it.

They can, however, push gun control because these three a-holes are paying for it.

You want to fix that? Either find a way to get rich activists out of politics, or pay politicians more than they do. And since nobody can come close to the $20 billion Michael Bloomberg has at his disposal, then it's probably a mute point.

It's less to do with power and control, and more to do with money.
Hence the term, "the love of money is the root of all evil".

1681227384171.png

I did some comparison research regarding the percentage of state residents who are gun owners. With the exception of Hawaii and Ohio, it appears that when gun ownership drops below 30% the passage of onerous gun laws becomes all too common. There's safety in numbers but it seems to become eviscerated around this magic number. Washington and Oregon are at 27% and 26% respectively.

Moreover, it appears to me that every state that is either pursuing and/or getting Second Amendment restrictions passed, had also fairly recently allowed for legalized marijuana sales of some sort. Is there a correlation? I mean; does one eventually bring on the other? Just so you know, I've never been the sort who feels entitled to judge the beahaviour of others.

It's been reported there are wealthy, american businessmen financially supporting efforts like this along with other anti-gun, anti-law enforcement measures. They are funding the election of prosecutors, judges and others willing to use their position of authority (being mindful of who put them there) to reshape a new America.

I'd recommend that any of the remaining gun friendly states find a way to discourage legalizing drug use while simultaneously encouraging their citizens to exercise their right to keep and bear arms.

View attachment 1402059

I did some comparison research regarding the percentage of state residents who are gun owners. With the exception of Hawaii and Ohio, it appears that when gun ownership drops below 30% the passage of onerous gun laws becomes all too common. There's safety in numbers but it seems to become eviscerated around this magic number. Washington and Oregon are at 27% and 26% respectively.

Moreover, it appears to me that every state that is either pursuing and/or getting Second Amendment restrictions passed, had also fairly recently allowed for legalized marijuana sales of some sort. Is there a correlation? I mean; does one eventually bring on the other? Just so you know, I've never been the sort who feels entitled to judge the beahaviour of others.

It's been reported there are wealthy, american businessmen financially supporting efforts like this along with other anti-gun, anti-law enforcement measures. They are funding the election of prosecutors, judges and others willing to use their position of authority (being mindful of who put them there) to reshape a new America.

I'd recommend that any of the remaining gun friendly states find a way to discourage legalizing drug use while simultaneously encouraging their citizens to exercise their right to keep and bear arms.
That is the one good thing the party who wants control is doing for us. They also stoke crime to all time highs. As they do this more and more people buy a gun who never owned one.

Moreover, it appears to me that every state that is either pursuing and/or getting Second Amendment restrictions passed, had also fairly recently allowed for legalized marijuana sales of some sort. Is there a correlation?
There absolutely is.

Did you ever read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? Dune (Frank Herbert)? A Scanner Darkly (Philip K. Dick)? A Clockwork Orange (Anthony Burgess)? There are so many more science fiction novels published in the 1940s, '50s, '60s and '70s were the citizens were totally under government control, totally disarmed, yet being provided legalized drugs. Most notable "Soma" in BNW, ""melange" (Spice) in Dune but the themes are all the same. Drug the populace. Keep them happy with a few material possession. They won't know they're under government control.

All these authors were so prescient, so prophetic.

It's happening. Look at most members of our society now: totally happy with the latest I-Phone or Android, a job that pays enough for their daily Starbucks, a big-screen TV with a streaming service in the living room, and overpriced car in the driveway courtesy of easy credit, a good pot store on the counter and time every evening to watch Jersey Shore or the Kardashians or play the newest version of their favorite video game. Most social interaction conducted on social media, not in person. Fewer and fewer people are living in the real world, preferring instead instant gratification (Grubhub, DoorDash) and virtual reality. The only guns these people desire on the ones in their favorite FPS videogame.

Frankly, the more I ponder the vagaries of our government and the state of our culture, the more pessimistic I feel.

We're running out of places to migrate as well.

Moving out of state gives them what they want.

I'm staying in my home, regardless of what Satanic Progressives do and say.

What if Paul Revere and the other Patriots just ran away?

Moving out of state gives them what they want.

I'm staying in my home, regardless of what Satanic Progressives do and say.

What if Paul Revere and the other Patriots just ran away?
Isn't running away from the British literally what Paul Revere was doing?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top