JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"...in accordance with federal law." That's the sticking point. There is no Federal Law about serializing anything but the frame of a complete firearm. Tough to be in accordance with something that doesn't exist.

My guess is various companies and individuals will still sell and ship into Oregon uppers but we'll see.
Of course they will, and they SHOULD. You can't not sell based on a state law that requires Federal Law guidelines, if those guidelines are not in place, nor the law.

It's like a state mandating that I, as a car dealership, sell cars in Oregon based on Federal Law that requires concrete tires. There is no Federal Law that requires concrete tires. So they can go play in traffic.

Of course they will, and they SHOULD. You can't not sell based on a state law that requires Federal Law guidelines, if those guidelines are not in place, nor the law.
what they should and what they actually do can be two different things. Some companies wont sell Oregon magazines even though its still, for now, legal.

The arbitrary CHL restrictions/free fire zones are just as onerous.as the "ghost gun" provisions of the bill. Throw in the stripping of 18 to 20 year olds of constitutionally protected rights, and the whole thing is just a big slimy pile of crap.

The mere possession of an 80% lower or frame will make you a criminal. Hve two and it'll be a felony. What will happen if you have a 3D printer, filiment, and software? Will that also be enough to send you ro jail? Will a block of aluminum or plastic with a sketch of a frame or receiver on it be enough?

The mere possession of an 80% lower or frame will make you a criminal. Hve two and it'll be a felony. What will happen if you have a 3D printer, filiment, and software? Will that also be enough to send you ro jail? Will a block of aluminum or plastic with a sketch of a frame or receiver on it be enough?
As we have learned with recent ATF prosecutions I suspect they just need to prove intent. If you have files on your computer or have the stl loaded to an usb stick or in the memory of the printer. If they want to make an example of ya then perhaps they have enough to convict you under a jury of your peers. It is a wild world we live in. The original details of the ghost gun law had it take place immediately so at least that got moved off until September of 24 allowing the courts and folks with these to react.

California has a process to obtain a serial number prior to home manufacture from the state. While I hate all of this I think this is much fairer as it allows home built firearms. I asked several of those writing the bill in an email why if they felt this way they didn't adapt the California system. When I asked about the constitutionality of making your own firearms the emails stopped :( Just an FYI if you are emailing folks about this, be kind and understand they see the constitution differently and the existing supreme court's interruptions as not legitimate. It seems to be a conversation killer.

At what point do you need to take the block to an ffl to be serialized? How do you embed a serial tag into a 3d printed frame. This basically outlaws the home construction of a firearm without an ffl. I suspect as other courts have ruled that this will be seen as unconstitutional: https://thereload.com/federal-judge-partially-blocks-delaware-ghost-gun-law/

Just an FYI if you are emailing folks about this, be kind and understand they see the constitution differently and the existing supreme court's interruptions as not legitimate. It seems to be a conversation killer.
A great many politicians and lawyers wearing black robes seem to think that the 2A means
"A well regulated military being necessary for the security of a State, the right of the Government to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed" :rolleyes:

Where Militias = the military, and where People = The Federal Government

:rolleyes:

As we have learned with recent ATF prosecutions I suspect they just need to prove intent. If you have files on your computer or have the stl loaded to an usb stick or in the memory of the printer. If they want to make an example of ya then perhaps they have enough to convict you under a jury of your peers. It is a wild world we live in. The original details of the ghost gun law had it take place immediately so at least that got moved off until September of 24 allowing the courts and folks with these to react.

California has a process to obtain a serial number prior to home manufacture from the state. While I hate all of this I think this is much fairer as it allows home built firearms. I asked several of those writing the bill in an email why if they felt this way they didn't adapt the California system. When I asked about the constitutionality of making your own firearms the emails stopped :( Just an FYI if you are emailing folks about this, be kind and understand they see the constitution differently and the existing supreme court's interruptions as not legitimate. It seems to be a conversation killer.

At what point do you need to take the block to an ffl to be serialized? How do you embed a serial tag into a 3d printed frame. This basically outlaws the home construction of a firearm without an ffl. I suspect as other courts have ruled that this will be seen as unconstitutional: https://thereload.com/federal-judge-partially-blocks-delaware-ghost-gun-law/
I see that your questions prompted them to change HB 2002B. :rolleyes: I've come to the conclusion that they truly and honestly don't care what we have to say. A pat on the head with a little "that's nice dear" doesn't do anything and people need to recognize how much of an idiot they think you are.

I get it, you're trying to be reasonable. I tried that too, and in the end, it became obvious that they were being insulting and condescending. They honestly do not care about the constitution, or how much of your money it's going to take to sue the state over the law. They have unlimited taxpayer funds to defend themselves. Rosenblum was in the House gallery to support her MDA friends during the 2005B arguments. She gave a cute little smirk yesterday when someone mentioned to her that the state will be sued over 2005.

I see that your questions prompted them to change HB 2002B. :rolleyes: I've come to the conclusion that they truly and honestly don't care what we have to say. A pat on the head with a little "that's nice dear" doesn't do anything and people need to recognize how much of an idiot they think you are.
Lol I agree. I don't think anyone could argue that I am an idiot and it is a fool's errand. I had to try and figured if enough had an outrage such as what happened with sb3501 that there may be an impact.

I had good luck in the past talking to reps and senators on bipartisan issues and at the very least they would offer information or connect you to someone to continue the cause.

The learning is that with that on something partisan such as gun control there is no discussion unless you are bringing enough money that affects a political outcome.

I guess per these points you can only donate to the court cases fights or move.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews