JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Has your county modified CHL/CPL license processing due to CV-19?

• Yes, new licenses.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Yes, renewals.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Yes, both!

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • My location doesn't issue such a license.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Um, eh, (bromp!) wut wuz duh ques'n again?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In Snohomish County (North side of greater Seattle), they've stopped accepting CPL requests at the regional Sheriff's offices. One can still apply or renew at the Courthouse in Everett, WA, but the hours are reduced to between 1000am and 200pm.

You might be able to renew early and forfeit the reaming months on your current permit . i did it a few years ago when i was going to be out on town at renewal month. Might be worth it rather Than having a problem later.

That's what I've done in the past. Giving up a few months is nothing in the grand scheme of things. (And doing so via mail is actually easier than traveling up to the county seat.)

CHL are unconstitutional. I have a solution: do not comply.

Is this the course of action you've personally taken?

Clark County Washington...My new non-resident CHL will have my picture. I am on month two, awaiting my new card. In the mean time my old card has expired. I submitted my renewal long before the expiration. They get my money, but they still cheat their way into making it difficult and drawing it out as long as possible.

So let's see. Right now I can't fish in Washington, I can't buy a gun in Washington, I cannot carry concealed in Washington. They're wasting no emergency.

Last Edited:
I can tell you exactly what the renewal process for Marion County Oregon is. Yesterday I received a Notice in the Mail from the Sheriff with a notice that at this time renewals would be ONLY handled via US Mail a check for $50 made out to MCSO and a completed application form (included with the notice) mailed to the address given. And that my new CHL would be mailed out to me.

To give you an idea on the timing. My permit expires on May 11 I received the notice Mar 25

Lane County, OR licenses are now by appt. only; no walk-ins. This is to prevent the crowded waiting area created by "walk-in day" where social distancing cannot be adequately maintained.

Another reason for Constitutional Carry!!!

Fingerprints are not required for renewal, at least in Mason Co., so processing should not be a problem, fill out the form and pay the fee!

Which is true here also. But they need the fingerprint cards for new CPL's, as well as for other purposes. And the office is closed to all business so CPL renewals may not be made in person. I just looked at the county website, of course it hasn't been updated but what I read about the closure was published in the newspaper here. I've never done it before, but I believe renewal is available online.

I got my letter from the Columbia county Sheriff in late November for an expiration of January 20th. What they didn't include was the office would be closed all of December. By the time I went to the website to get an appointment, the earliest was February 4th.

I went in and renewed, but since mine had expired I couldn't use the receipt to verify my license. I thought she said it would be 3-5 days to get my new license. After a week, I called and she laughed at me and said they had 45 days to issue. I was very polite and explained why my license had expired and 4 days later, I had my new license. Sometimes it pays to be nice even in the face of being laughed at.:)

Clackamas County OR has suspended all CHL processing including renewals in person or online.
I need to renew, so I printed the form off and mailed it yesterday along with a $50 check directly to the Sheriff's office.
Doubt it would do any good but it's just my style.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top