Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Low Price Guns
J&B Firearm Sales
Southwest Firearms Forum
Oregon Rifleworks
Landhawk Arms
Sporting Systems
Defensive Arts

Has your county modified CHL/CPL license processing?

Has your county modified CHL/CPL license processing due to CV-19?

• Yes, new licenses.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Yes, renewals.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Yes, both!

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • No.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • My location doesn't issue such a license.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Um, eh, (bromp!) wut wuz duh ques'n again?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, I checked the site of our local sheriff because I'll need to renew my CHL before fall of this year. They no longer are processing or issuing new licenses, but are handling renewals via post and email. I called and left a message asking to confirm what all they'd need mailed in. Those looking for a new license are, evidently, SOL.

Has your county modified CHL/CPL licensing?

I WA your picture is on it now so you have to go down to the Sheriff to renew.

BDA.45

Reactions
Hmmm... interesting. I guess they changed it...?
Mine still has a couple years before renewal, just gotta be real careful not to let it go through the washer til then.
I believe they changed it in the last year or 2. HAHAHA, I washed my old one also man, that SUCKED!!!

Reactions
Crook Co Sheriff is not processing new requests until further notice. That is what I was told when I inquired for a friend who is out of town. Not sure about renewals.

Pete F

Reactions
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
  • National Rifle Association
  • Oregon Firearms Federation
Columbia County cancelled their cash only first come first serve March 28th date. Next is April 25th. First open Scheduled appointment is May 12th (one), and one on May 28th. Next is June 9th.

I am not sure how it will go in the future, whether they will cancel dates. I also don't know if the appointments are filled up till May 12th. They don't show the filled appointments. I just renewed mine in February.

Reactions
City of Sequim WA has ceased processing applications for CPL when they declared an emergency. I don't know about renewals. In WA you have to apply to the jurisdiction you reside in. City resident to city pd, county resident to sheriff dept.

So, I checked the site of our local sheriff because I'll need to renew my CHL before fall of this year. They no longer are processing or issuing new licenses, but are handling renewals via post and email. I called and left a message asking to confirm what all they'd need mailed in. Those looking for a new license are, evidently, SOL.

What, all six people in your remote county is too much of a workload for them? :rolleyes:

;):D

SUPER X

Reactions

You might be able to renew early and forfeit the reaming months on your current permit . i did it a few years ago when i was going to be out on town at renewal month. Might be worth it rather Than having a problem later.

Reactions

CHL are unconstitutional. I have a solution: do not comply. If every CHL stormed the capital building in their respective state and started getting vocal and demanding to enforce Article VI within the US Constitution, this nonsense would be over real quick.

Jstoutj00

Reactions
OR is picture ID also.
For more (whatever the opposite of) clarity, WA non resident CPL doesn't have a picture.
My concealed permit has no picture of me and I have been a resident for more than 30 years so I wonder what the pic on yours means or suggests?

Jstoutj00

Reactions
My concealed permit has no picture of me and I have been a resident for more than 30 years so I wonder what the pic on yours means or suggests?
Sorry, Benton County or Franklin I don’t remember, moved here last year, from Grant county.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is a great guy to work with! I have had several transactions with him and will continue to do business with him. He is my go to dealer!
    • hker71
  • Straight Shooter Supply
    1.00 star(s)
    A relative of mine recently went through this place to purchase a handgun. They were rude to her, lied to her, and must be new to this FFL stuff...
    • FullMetalJerk
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online