JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Has your county modified CHL/CPL license processing due to CV-19?

• Yes, new licenses.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Yes, renewals.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Yes, both!

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • My location doesn't issue such a license.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Um, eh, (bromp!) wut wuz duh ques'n again?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, I checked the site of our local sheriff because I'll need to renew my CHL before fall of this year. They no longer are processing or issuing new licenses, but are handling renewals via post and email. I called and left a message asking to confirm what all they'd need mailed in. Those looking for a new license are, evidently, SOL.

Has your county modified CHL/CPL licensing?

20200325_170702.jpg

Hmmm... interesting. I guess they changed it...?
Mine still has a couple years before renewal, just gotta be real careful not to let it go through the washer til then.

I believe they changed it in the last year or 2. HAHAHA, I washed my old one also man, that SUCKED!!!

Columbia County cancelled their cash only first come first serve March 28th date. Next is April 25th. First open Scheduled appointment is May 12th (one), and one on May 28th. Next is June 9th.

I am not sure how it will go in the future, whether they will cancel dates. I also don't know if the appointments are filled up till May 12th. They don't show the filled appointments. I just renewed mine in February.

Sheriffs not issuing permits for a constitutionally protected right at a time when that right is needed more than ever.

Let that sink in.

If sheriffs won't issue or renew, then permit-less carry should be legal until the crisis is over. :rolleyes:

City of Sequim WA has ceased processing applications for CPL when they declared an emergency. I don't know about renewals. In WA you have to apply to the jurisdiction you reside in. City resident to city pd, county resident to sheriff dept.

So, I checked the site of our local sheriff because I'll need to renew my CHL before fall of this year. They no longer are processing or issuing new licenses, but are handling renewals via post and email. I called and left a message asking to confirm what all they'd need mailed in. Those looking for a new license are, evidently, SOL.

What, all six people in your remote county is too much of a workload for them? :rolleyes:

;):D

You might be able to renew early and forfeit the reaming months on your current permit . i did it a few years ago when i was going to be out on town at renewal month. Might be worth it rather Than having a problem later.

CHL are unconstitutional. I have a solution: do not comply. If every CHL stormed the capital building in their respective state and started getting vocal and demanding to enforce Article VI within the US Constitution, this nonsense would be over real quick.

Would people PLEASE include what county you're in? Without it you're just saying how bad the blowback is pissing into the wind without knowing where you are or what direction you're pissing in. Interested people would like to know!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top