JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How does that mess with firearm purchases?
The OSP officer says that it could be a Felony or Misdemeanor and the record they can see has no final determination. It was a Misdremenor as it was the result of a failure to appear and the issuing of a bench warrant. I ended up paying the bail.

The OSP officer says that it could be a Felony or Misdemeanor and the record they can see has no final determination. It was a Misdremenor as it was the result of a failure to appear and the issuing of a bench warrant. I ended up paying the bail.
Sounds like a Call and eventual visit to MultiCo is in order, Good Luck with THAT! I find MultiCo to be about as bassackwards as they get, and with paperwork THAT old, your in for a fight to be sure!

Sounds like a Call and eventual visit to MultiCo is in order, Good Luck with THAT! I find MultiCo to be about as bassackwards as they get, and with paperwork THAT old, your in for a fight to be sure!

LOL visit what planet are you from I called the traffic division the nice girl there in between coughing told me the records dept only takes contact via email then she gave me an email address which got kicked back so I went on line and found the correct one.

I will now sit on my arse for how ever long hoping someday they answer it.

Man I don't want to have to spend money on a lawyer.

I mean I'm concerned for Mark like everyone else. I farted on public transit once so I'm hoping that never surfaces, especially if I run for political office.

The officer told me that a driving while suspended can be either a felony or a misdemeanor so if it was a Felony then I would be prevented from buying. Except for the last 7-8 firearms I bought when I wasn't.

See that clears it all up right..........

Holy crap I just looked this up

The offense described in this section, criminal driving while suspended or revoked, is a Class B felony if the suspension or revocation resulted from any degree of murder, manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide or assault resulting from the operation of a motor vehicle, if the suspension or revocation resulted from aggravated vehicular homicide or aggravated driving while suspended or revoked or if the revocation resulted from a conviction for felony driving while under the influence of intoxicants.

It was failure to pay a ticket cause I was a broke bubblegum kid just out of the NAVY. A simple bench warrant.

HOLY CRAP I got a call from a Lieutenant at OSP who told me this has to do with a driving while suspended in 1981. Multnomah (most likely circuit court) never listed the disposition of that case! It has never come up before and I have bought a BUNCH of firearms over the years. SO now I get to figure out how to fix this.
How does that mess with firearm purchases?
Government failures ALWAYS land heavily on the citizens' shoulders.

In 2017 l was delayed for 5 mos. I made dozens of calls to the OSP challenge lines and about 3 mos in l got a pit bull on the line. She grabbed ahold of it and found out that a Disorderly Conduct beef from 1996 was the cause of the delay.

A couple of drunk 20-somethings got into a dust-up and took it outside at the behest of the proprietor... cops came and carted us both off. Not a big deal.

This is where things went wrong
The arresting municipality (Goodyear, AZ) booked us both. Then l was taken to Maricopa county jail where they booked me a second time. I was released after a couple of hours and the charge was dismissed, but l still had a booking that was unaccounted for... no record of disposition.

It eventually got cleared up and l was approved, although l never received anything beyond a phone call that it was done... nothing for my records to prove that this was a paperwork SNAFU and that I'm not a desperado on the run.

So, yes. I have recieved a phone call, several in fact, from the OSP during that deal. I take full responsibility for the tussle that l got into, but once in the system, the matter was largely out of my hands and 20+ yrs later it showed up in a BGC. It happens.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews