JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm going nuts its been 41 days since I was delayed. There is nothing on my record to cause a delay I have never been delayed before I have a CHL. I was told to call OSP given a number (I checked the number is correct for the challenge line). I have called this number 12 times over the past 42 days leaving a message each time. And not once have I gotten a call back.

Has anyone ever been able to find out what made up crap they have delayed you for? The dealer is of no use what so ever.

BUT, But, but......
i-m-from-the-government-i-m-here-to-help.png

Aloha, Mark

Way before the Covid crap I got a call back from a supervisor after being delayed. She told me that she could see what happened and fixed it so I was approved. I don't know what the glitch was but it's gone now.

Way before the Covid crap I got a call back from a supervisor after being delayed. She told me that she could see what happened and fixed it so I was approved. I don't know what the glitch was but it's gone now.

I got the same story from them years ago. Delayed purchase 4 times. The first 3 times was with my LGS who let me pick the guns up after 3 days. The last one was through a different gun shop who didn't know me and wasn't willing to turn over the gun. I got ahold of OSP (after a lot of trying), and they said there was an error with a county that was causing the problem. I asked what and where so I could get it cleared up but the lady from OSP said it didn't matter because it was already resolved. :confused:

A friend was "delayed" for over a month last year. After waiting patiently for so long, he pushed it a little. It turned out that it had actually been approved within a couple days, and a gun shop employee had simply missed it. Apparently it had been so long that the approval had expired and he had to do another BGC before getting the rifle.

The dealer says they will not tell him anything and does not appear to care. He has his money the rifle was a special order and his employees have said they would not normally even give a refund.
what shop, so we don't run into this crap ourselves. Seems like a crummy policy

Which shop is this?
1) I wouldn't be doing business with a shop who wouldn't be in contact every day with the OSP trying to get this resolved
2) took your money for the purchase, but now will not refund it, doesn't matter if it was special ordered or not, that's something the shop and the OSP need to sort out between themselves!
3) I would not deal with a shop who would not release the firearm after 3 days!

If your in Marion County, I would have a chat with Sheriff Joe Kast about OSP's apparent failings and also their inability to communicate or solve these issues! This is something the Sheriff needs to hear, loudly and often, believe me, he will light a fire under OSP's arse and get things handled if he can!

I've had this happen once and was provided the number by the FFL to follow-up with. OSP was very responsive and called back in a day to let me know what the holdup was. This was pre-Covid of course. The Colt Trooper I had purchased had the same SN as a Colt Python that was reported as stolen. I still had the number on my phone. I'd give them a call. OSP Firearms Branch 503-373-1808

I've had this happen once and was provided the number by the FFL to follow-up with. OSP was very responsive and called back in a day to let me know what the holdup was. This was pre-Covid of course. The Colt Trooper I had purchased had the same SN as a Colt Python that was reported as stolen. I still had the number on my phone. I'd give them a call. OSP Firearms Branch 503-373-1808

Called that number a dozen times over the last 41 days

Did you pay cash or with a card?

Cash

I'm going in to talk to the owner tomorrow when he opens up. I had a nice conversation with the FFL here in Silverton (new FFL non stocking its actually a Tee Shirt printing shop) He recommended seeing if the rifle could be transferred to another FFL as the hang up might be with the shop.

When this is resolved I will give the name of the shop.

Well pretty sure the dealer is now annoyed with me. I reviewed my 4473 it all looked right. I asked the dealer to call OSP he said they wouldn't return his call and if they did they would not tell him anything. He told me he has a number of firearms on delay.

I wrote an email to the Marion County Sheriff hoping for his help. At this point I am starting to feel like a dog that is tired of being hit with a newspaper so I'll just go along with what ever.

HOLY CRAP I got a call from a Lieutenant at OSP who told me this has to do with a driving while suspended in 1981. Multnomah (most likely circuit court) never listed the disposition of that case! It has never come up before and I have bought a BUNCH of firearms over the years. SO now I get to figure out how to fix this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top