JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, I've started a new endurance conditioning regimen and directly after while my heart rate is increased and my hands are shaky I load a couple mags.. I dunno if any of you have tried this but its definatly great practice for a stressful situation. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Gunnoob.

Another good training tool is (if you are able) when out shooting, run as fast as you can out 50-100 yards to your target then back to your shooting spot. Then while your heart rate is up, practice shooting standing, kneeling, sitting and prone.

I do something like that, I have a gallery of targets set up over a 600 foot course and run it, but I need to try loading mags and such at the end of the run

Hey, I've started a new endurance conditioning regimen and directly after while my heart rate is increased and my hands are shaky I load a couple mags.. I dunno if any of you have tried this but its definatly great practice for a stressful situation. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Gunnoob.
Yea my girlfriend loves it........it get done shooting the main gun... And then shoot the m4 :)

Hey, I've started a new endurance conditioning regimen and directly after while my heart rate is increased and my hands are shaky I load a couple mags..

Try that at 24 Hour Fitness. :)

I have started working the steep incline on the treadmill to get in shape for the real hills. We used to run a quarter mile at the range then practice shooting. It was very good to see how exercises and stress affects your motor skills without training.

Here is a drill I set up for myself and friends at the range. Place 15 loose rounds in a pile, for me its at the 25 yard line. Then walk up to the 10 yard line and place your weapon of choice on the ground with the slide forward and an empty magazine next to the weapon. You then run back to your pile of ammo, pick up 1 round and run back to your weapon, load the mag, then load your weapon. I then fire one round at a 5 inch square. As the weapon locks back, I place the weapon back on the deck, run back and grab one more round and repeat for a total of 15 times. I do five rounds standing, five kneeling, and five prone. Not only does this help with learning to control your sight picture and trigger press when under duress, but it helps with weapon manipulation as well. If you really want to challenge yourself, you can make your target smaller and any hits outside your target does not count and you have to start over. Or you can change distance or the amount of ammo you fire etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top