JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering what people use as a standard to say they have an accurate gun. Testing at 25 feet with a rest? What size group?

I'm guessing with most handguns it almost doesn't matter, but for (say) a trail gun or something along those lines it might be a factor.

I sent back a TRP that did 6" at 25yds from a rest.
They returned it with a new barrel and a target they had shot 5 rounds in an inch.
I do close to that or the gun goes by by.
Rested. Then I give some leaway when I start wobbling free hand:confused:
I like to shoot out to 100 yards with my handguns. They should be minute of bad guy out there.
Or at least scare the pea tadlers out of them

They returned it with a new barrel and a target they had shot 5 rounds in an inch.
I do close to that or the gun goes by by.

Your standard is an inch at 25 Yards?! Or 25 feet? I don't know if I have any handguns that will do an inch at 25 yards, certainly with my eyes as they are.

2" at 25 yards is excellent shooting. 3" at 25 yards is very good.

From a rest, with a high quality handgun and good ammo the above is doable for some. Most people can't put 5 shots in 2" at 25 yards with sand bags under their wrists.

Your standard is an inch at 25 Yards?! Or 25 feet? I don't know if I have any handguns that will do an inch at 25 yards, certainly with my eyes as they are.
A very high percentage of handguns are incapable of this. And that's the precision of the firearm, ie mechanical accuracy, no human factor.

2" at 25 yards is excellent shooting. 3" at 25 yards is very good.

From a rest, with a high quality handgun and good ammo the above is doable for some. Most people can't put 5 shots in 2" at 25 yards with sand bags under their wrists.
Let's see you do that off-hand while doing a back flip off a Humvee. Will even allow an "operator beard and tactical socks"! :D:D

Wifey and I use Costco bargain brand paper plates at 7yards. Works just fine for self defense practice in our little world. We can attach several of them to cardboard backers. Useful for moving and shooting practice. Disclaimer- we do also own some really cool splatter targets. Dang it but I really like to see them splatter.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top