JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe the cop will most likely lose his job over this if he hasn't already. As a cop they are suppossed to be professional witnesses. Once a cop is caught in a lie his testimony from that point on will always be questionable. His credibility is toast and in any department I know of so would his career. Around he they become truck drivers or handymen.

Unless the department is sleazy and the cop is so high ranking he never does police work or testifies in court.

OR unless the department is so sleazy they just move the cop to a desk job where he never needs to testify.

The issue is the testimony because the defense atty will always subpoena the cop's personnel records on that issue, and then impeach the heck out of him on the stand. The case might even get dismissed if the officer's testimony is the main evidence.

Another thing which could happen but doesn't often is that the state certifying agency could jerk his certification. I know of no instances of that happening because they just turn any complaints over to the particular department for "investigation."

Another thing which could happen is that the court could sanction the officer on its own motion. Still, a desk job is available.

Can you tell I've been down this road, LOL?

My experience, and mine alone, is that cops stick up for each other because so many of them I know are dishonest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top