JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I reported earlier that a local LEO (a relative) had filed a false police report against me with Sheriff Winter's dept., and to simplify, also filed for a restraining order against me charging threats with guns.

Had I lost, I wouldn't have been allowed to own or have access to guns for 14 years, would have been in NICS as someone who is dangerous, and would never again been able to have a CHL. That's not true of all restraining orders, just one alleging threats with guns.

The charges were bogus and I won in court - dismissed request for restraining order. There was never a true restraining order except for the time between being served and having my day in court.

However, when the sheriff's (Winter's) deputies initially served me, they took my CHL. I just spent 13 months and a bunch of money in attorney's fees, but it finally arrived in the mail today. I'm legal again.

In my opinion, cops are no better than any other gang. They really seem to stick together, to me.

Oh, and by the way, I'm suing that cop for a $million dollars for various offenses (causes of action for you legal beagles.) I also believe it rises to the level of punitive damages, which we will ask for when the time is ripe. I'm not suing the Dept. because this was a personal off-duty offense. He doesn't actually have any money for me to win but I hope to bury his azz.

Anyway, it sure feels good to have that CHL back in my pocket. :s0155:

Hope you manage to trade legal debts with him, using the criminal justice system for a weapon is something that should be punished severely.

Congrats on walking away from this thing whole, although I'm sure you're getting tired of hearing "sweet! you totally won!" since in these things its basically "Yea, I almost got mauled by a bear, but I managed to distract him and he just mauled my bank account instead"

Yep, it mauled my bank account. First I had to defend the restraining order, and then I had to get the CHL back. Now I'm suing. You don't wanna ever go there.

I do hold the state record for having the most expensive CHL ever, though, LOL.

Hope you manage to trade legal debts with him, using the criminal justice system for a weapon is something that should be punished severely.

Yes, I'm alleging malice, which could entitle me to recover attorney's fees for the restraining order. Malice in the legal sense isn't what we commonly think of. At law, malice means he knew his allegations weren't true, or had total disregard for the truth, when he damaged me.

wow those "above the law" or "I"m connected and don't like you" people really get to me and it looks like they walked in your door and kicked you in the balls! OUCH. congrats on your freedom back. What a waste of tax payer time that guy caused and the **** you went through, of course. stick it to him as he is a criminal. wonder what else he has done........

wow those "above the law" or "I"m connected and don't like you" people really get to me and it looks like they walked in your door and kicked you in the balls! OUCH. congrats on your freedom back. What a waste of tax payer time that guy caused and the **** you went through, of course. stick it to him as he is a criminal. wonder what else he has done........

Yep, I honestly think he believed that since he was a cop, he would be automatically believed. Isn't he used to that happening with traffic tickets?

Wow. I remember when you were going through this ordeal over a year ago. I thought you had gotten it sorted out being that we haven't heard any different. It's good to know that you hung in there and I hope you sue that cops azz off!!!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!

I'm glad you fought, and I'm glad you are letting them know that justice is for everyone, not just the connected. I hope that one day, all of those paid to protect, serve honorably. This never should have happened in the first place.

OP you should submit a complaint with DPSST regarding this case. They (DPSST) has revoked certification for much less. Without the card he won't be able to work as a sworn officer in Oregon.

Good to see you got it back. Did the sheriff's office give a reason for the delay?

No, they just stonewalled me. They wouldn't return phone calls or answer letters or emails until my attorney got involved. I have the best and most expensive attorney in the valley and I feel sure that every cop hates to see him coming. He's a very successful criminal defense attorney who works only for those who can afford him. Even his website makes it clear that his firm (of two) cater to those who can afford it. He's worth every penny if you can't afford to lose.

"represents clients of medium to high net worth."

My attorney is Bill Francis. He just returned from a criminal defense seminar at Harvard. These guys are heads and shoulders above anyone else, if you're in trouble. Bill is 6 for 6 in winning for me in the past year against LEO's, and getting this whole mess righted.

OP you should submit a complaint with DPSST regarding this case. They (DPSST) has revoked certification for much less. Without the card he won't be able to work as a sworn officer in Oregon.

Thank you. I'd never heard of them. I spent a lot of time on their website, and sent them an email asking how I proceed in filing a complaint. At the very least, I believe he is now disqualified from ever testifying in court due to a landmark court case about an officer who had been untruthful to a court not ever being believed again. The case was Brady v. Maryland. DPSST has a major warning to departments to compile a list of any such officers so they don't lose cases by allowing those officers to testify. <broken link removed>

"The failure to disclose Brady information about
all witnesses in a criminal case to defense attorneys can be used as a basis to overturn a
conviction, release a defendant from prison, or to establish a civil lawsuit. At a minimum, the
discovery of Brady information after a criminal trial has concluded will result in the review of
all other criminal cases, pending or closed, in which the officer was involved."

What were the charges?

Against me? He filed for a restraining order against me, alleging that I had threatened him with guns. Again, his "evidence" against me was so "crazy" that the judge demanded (upon my attorney's brilliant and almost unprecedented request) that he turn over his mental health records. I won the case. The mental health records are not public records, but I believe they soon will be due to my lawsuit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top