JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Annnd there it is. This is more likely to get the votes to pass because of a certain group of gun owners that don't care about semiautomatic rifles :rolleyes:

Edit. More likely than AWB 2.0 that is.
I am certainly not part of that group which is why I want more info! If it has not happened already we need to spread this info everywhere!

I don't think it stands a chance.
We knew somebody would be introducing this... they had to.
Notice that it didn't come from one of the big-name bomb throwers, it comes from some unknown D rep, one who is probably in a safe district and/or not up for reelection in 2022.
Pretty sure it'll disappear in some committee backroom.

I don't think it stands a chance.
We knew somebody would be introducing this... they had to.
Notice that it didn't come from one of the big-name bomb throwers, it comes from some unknown D rep, one who is probably in a safe district and/or not up for reelection in 2022.
Pretty sure it'll disappear in some committee backroom.
Virtue signaling for their constituent's before the election I presume...

While it may not have the votes to pass, it has more chances than AWB2.0. I've been saying for months since that a bill to amend the NFA to include semiautomatic rifles as "assault weapons" has a better chance than the AWB2.0 that a certain party has been pushing for... and that I was surprised that it hasn't come up lately.. until now. Hopefully other posters are right and it will die in committee but compared to AWB 2.0? They remember what happened the first time they got the AWB... mid terms election flipped Congress to GOP majority and many of the sponsors and reps/senators who voted in favor, lost their seats... they aren't that willing to risk it all again... hence the bill to amend NFA... which may stand a better chance of getting out of committee.... especially with some of the "Law & Order" party going ahead with it..... under the problem of "you cannot be for Law and Order if you vote against this amendment of a Constitutional law!" :(

Edit. This has a potentially better chance than Hearing Protection Act to repeal parts of the NFA (specifically the suppressor/silencer part) :(

Actually. I have a concern. What if the sponsors decide to do this... replace the silencer part with the semiauto ban??? ☠☠☠ say "okay we recognize the need to "legalize" silencers for the public, if you'll let us put semiautomatic rifles into the NFA categories"?

There is no text yet, where are you guys getting your info from? you seem to know more then is mentioned in the link??
Easy. What have the antigun politicians been calling semiautomatic rifles?
What law that sunsetted back in 2000s was passed in 1994 as part of the "Crime Bill"?

The summary of the text implies that they want to add a category to the NFA, or adjust one of the definitions; maybe the AOW category... to include semiautomatic rifles that have the capacity to accept detachable magazines...

While there is no body of text available yet... a quick look at what semiautomatic rifles does not have the capacity to accept detachable magazines paints a very noticable picture... basically only the tube-fed semiautomatic rifles would count... and those are usually .22LR.

Edit. The M1 Garand would not be counted, but the SKS would thanks to Tapco.

So pay a tax stamp to own any of those types of firearms.... and basically be part of a registry....
fu_ck them... throw the bums out...
Pretty much what I have been saying would be somewhat easier to pass than AWB 2.0... :( and easier to say "look its constitutional" because the SCOTUS have ruled time and again that NFA1934 is Constitutional 😡

It doesn't say anything as far as I could tell. The IRS has no business over a protected class outside of state tax for the purchase. I don't even like that.

Could you imagine IRS taxing speech? Religion isn't taxed. Correct me if that is wrong. This is just another case of attempted government over reach.

It doesn't say anything as far as I could tell. The IRS has no business over a protected class outside of state tax for the purchase. I don't even like that.

Could you imagine IRS taxing speech? Religion isn't taxed. Correct me if that is wrong. This is just another case of attempted government over reach.
The problem is that the ATF started out as part of the IRS, and the NFA1934 was set up as part of the IRS related laws because they involve taxing certain firearms and accessories. GCA1968 expanded to include Federal Firearms Licensing for selling/transferring firearms over state lines. FOPA1986 did some good but had the poisonous Hughes Amendment that ended civilian ownership of post-1986 machine guns :(

And ever since then, the SCOTUS have ruled that NFA1934, GCA1968, FOPA1986 are all "constitutional".

Miller decision can be interpreted as "only military arms are protected by 2A", while Heller based the decision on Miller's usage of "in common use" to declare semiautomatic handguns are protected :rolleyes: (then again, semiautomatic handguns have been military arms in common use since the 1900s....)

In that instance, I just cannot comply. A $200 stamp per semi auto costs me thousands.. basically they set it up to where legally purchased and owned property now has a heavy tax placed upon it under threat of confiscation or a felony.. but thats another catch 22, I paid good money for these legally acquired items.. therefore Im not going to destroy or give them away for less than Ive invested no matter the punishment. The line "from my cold dead hands" comes to mind.

Im sure Im not alone in that thought process.. so registration IF we had to comply would not only have to have a 1-5 year grace period due to time it takes to go through all owned items as well as processing, it would have to be 100% free to grandfather all owned firearms.. the system would need a massive update to handle the influx of applications.

Playing the devils advocate, their NFA scheme can only come after a grandfather clause making all new firearms meeting the scary semi autos purchased after a specific date subject to this NFA status.. which still allows the purchase of those evil firearms..just with NFA steps.. so no doubt they'll use that as their "we're being reasonable" jargon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top