JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In that instance, I just cannot comply. A $200 stamp per semi auto costs me thousands.. basically they set it up to where legally purchased and owned property now has a heavy tax placed upon it under threat of confiscation or a felony.. but thats another catch 22, I paid good money for these legally acquired items.. therefore Im not going to destroy or give them away for less than Ive invested no matter the punishment. The line "from my cold dead hands" comes to mind.

Im sure Im not alone in that thought process.. so registration IF we had to comply would not only have to have a 1-5 year grace period due to time it takes to go through all owned items as well as processing, it would have to be 100% free to grandfather all owned firearms.. the system would need a massive update to handle the influx of applications.

Playing the devils advocate, their NFA scheme can only come after a grandfather clause making all new firearms meeting the scary semi autos purchased after a specific date subject to this NFA status.. which still allows the purchase of those evil firearms..just with NFA steps.. so no doubt they'll use that as their "we're being reasonable" jargon.
You know that when they started the NFA and made various tweaks over the years there was no grandfathering or any of that right. If you wanted to keep it you paid the tax and filed the paperwork. If you didnt it was contraband. Only exception I can think of would be open bolt semi's.

You know that when they started the NFA and made various tweaks over the years there was no grandfathering or any of that right. If you wanted to keep it you paid the tax and filed the paperwork. If you didnt it was contraband. Only exception I can think of would be open bolt semi's.
Fair enough, but as seen with the "street sweepers" those were free to add to the NFA registry for free.. basing off of that approach I think free is the only way this can be a plausible approach.

Fair enough, but as seen with the "street sweepers" those were free to add to the NFA registry for free.. basing off of that approach I think free is the only way this can be a plausible approach.
I doubt they are interested in the fair approach. A few thousand street sweepers vs a few million AR pistols or semi auto mag fed guns whatever at 200 bucks a pop? Got to pay for all that human infrastructure somehow.

Free. Hahaha

IF by some circumstance it did become law, think of the paperwork. And the time delays in processing.

This proposal might be a Dem. technique to grab guns that doesn't offend the many new gun owners who bought 2020-21. Or at least a great many of them who didn't buy such rifles.

I doubt they are interested in the fair approach. A few thousand street sweepers vs a few million AR pistols or semi auto mag fed guns whatever at 200 bucks a pop? Got to pay for all that human infrastructure somehow.

Free. Hahaha
Exactly! Someone has gotta foot these spending bills.

The left will keep slinging crap until something sticks.
All those tax stamp monies can be used to pay off all those student loans.

IF by some circumstance it did become law, think of the paperwork. And the time delays in processing.

This proposal might be a Dem. technique to grab guns that doesn't offend the many new gun owners who bought 2020-21. Or at least a great many of them who didn't buy such rifles.
Not to mention, the paperwork for taking an NFA item across state lines (the one exception I am aware of, is suppressors) - you have to have an actual destination in mind too, you can just say "I am going to bum around the USA for a month or two". I am not experienced with this, but that is my understanding.

If every semi-auto mag fed rifle was to be registered, it would be more like tens of millions, maybe a hundred million.

At 100M the revenue would be $20B? Not enough to pay much of a $1T infrastructure bill, especially after admin costs, even if they just rubber stamped every application. The main thing would be to collect names, addresses, model/make/serial numbers.

IMO the main reason this would fail, if it got out of committee, would be the fact that it would affect so many people, and once the word got out that Grandpa Fudd's Remington 7400/74x or Browning BAR hunting rifles were on the list of guns to be registered/etc., then the uproar would be too much. I hope.

The anti-gunners have a conundrum; be specific and then deal with the workarounds/loopholes that will be used, or face the ensuing pushback if they are general enough to get everything.

EDIT......... that would still be an impressive amount of tax stamps at $200 each, that comes out to at most... $15,000,000,000,000. 15 billion?......EDIT
Actually that's 15 Trillion.

But who's counting?......Right?

This is the tyranny the founding fathers, the general population and writers of the time were so afraid of....exchanging a foreign British tyrant for a domestic one.

....EDIT......

Last Edited:
As Colion Noir (black man) has stated on his youtube channel. That $200 tax stamp is racist because only the rich people will be able to afford the tax stamps on these tools of protection, and the low income folks (which tend to be people of color) (his words not mine) whom are the ones that need the tools the most will not be able to afford them. The bad guys however. The ones that don't care about tax stamps, they will have the firearms.

Throw that racist word right back in their face if you ask me. They always seem to spin it into conversations about 2A rights.
Be careful with that arguement. Think in terms of equity, not equality. That is where we are at. "Hey Colion, you are absolutely right! We need the charge the ( ) race double, so the ( ) race doesn't pay at all!"
The inner city rats are barely tracked down for murder, do you really believe there would be any interest in tracking them down to pay a fee for the hot heat they are packing? The hoods in general don't pay fees and taxes, that's where the tax money goes to, not from.

I figure this would cost me about $10k in fees alone.
Egads. I've thought before, "What if -- a per gun tax was enacted." For all guns. As has been bandied about occasionally by the gun-haters for years. If you were allowed to keep the gun but required to pay tax on it, that very well might pass 2A muster in court. Hasn't the NFA established a precedent for that?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top