JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hate poachers as much as any other waste of oxygen in society.

But feeding your family to me is not poaching, if you have a job and can buy food then you are poaching. Killing animals for the thrill is one small step away from killing another person for fun.

These people are sick and don't deserve to own firearms or In my opinion remain on this earth.
Personally I like to see him locked in a small cage with a hungry cougar. Or bear.

Most people that do it out of need are from small towns and live like the good old days.
Disrepecting any living thing for the fun of taking somethings life is evil. Plain and simple.

There was a guy busted for poaching in a undercover investigation around here somethere about 10 years ago. Reading that story made me sick. The guy basically killed every living thing he saw for a couple years.
. Est 200 animals he killed over that time.

Sick Fork even killed his hunting dog because it wouldn't listen. The officer undercover from fish and game told of how this guy would just beat his dog half unconscious.
One day after missing out on a deer he killed his dog instead.
That guy should have met his end in a bad way.

The punishments are far to light for wildlife crimes. a fine a few days in jail is not enough. I dont know though what really would be a fitting punishment that would not creat a dependent of the state.
Maybe the loss of firearm rights for x amount of time, or putting them to work for the ODF planting trees, or cleaning up roadkill or something instead of a fine.

The punishments are far to light for wildlife crimes. a fine a few days in jail is not enough. I dont know though what really would be a fitting punishment that would not creat a dependent of the state.
Maybe the loss of firearm rights for x amount of time, or putting them to work for the ODF planting trees, or cleaning up roadkill or something instead of a fine.

Do you think most "poachers" are thrill killers or just trying to feed their families?

I don't know. I see poachers out here in the hills west of Saint Helens shooting does and spikes from their trucks pretty much every season I've hunted out there. I KNOW mofos who "poach" to put food on the table... we're an extremely economically depressed community out here, and if a man takes a deer to stay off the EBT card, I'm OK with that.

But I don't know which ones are going it for fun and which are feeding their families. Guess I should start confronting 'em and asking? (no, not gonna confront an armed criminal in the act of committing a crime in the middle of the wilderness :p )

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top