JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Serious question: Is it anymore word salad and gaslighting than this?

There's a particular racial demographic in the US that is about 13% of the population, but certain members of that group are responsible for about 50% of the violent crime in the US
Serious answer: Yes!

According to @solv3nt yes, it is inaccurate, but more to my point, would The Rules allow that post if the race implied was mentioned and not just danced around?
It's accurate in the sense of the 50%, it's just misapplied. The white population has a crime rate that is less than the percent population, while the black/African American crime rate is twice that of the percent population.

According to @solv3nt yes, it is inaccurate, but more to my point, would The Rules allow that post if the race implied was mentioned and not just danced around?
Um.. I must have missed it. What race is being implied?

Arent we talking about "illegal aliens"... which to my knowledge... is not a "race" or "ethnic group"(?)

It's so disingenuous when people equate opposition to illegal immigration with racism.

I am not Latino, but I have Latino friends, and am pretty familiar with Latino culture. There are aspects of that culture that I like more than "white" culture. Most Hispanics that I know are pretty conservative. I have absolutely nothing against them. One Latino guy I know is harshly opposed to illegal immigration; he worked really hard for his US citizenship.

His opinion, which I agree with, is that the system needs changed to make legal immigration easier, and illegal immigration harder. Many Latino immigrants are decent, hard working people, the kind of people that we need more of in this country. We need to control illegal immigration to try to keep out the bad apples.

Um.. I must have missed it. What race is being implied?

I'm pretty sure we're talking about "illegal aliens"... which to my knowledge... is not a "race" or "ethnic group".
Oh, let me help you with that

particular racial demographic in the US that is about 13% of the population

See, doesn't say "illegal aliens", it says "racial"

The US has approximately 333,287,557 in July of 2022. Of this, 75.8% are white, and approximately 13.6% are Black or African American, not all races are listed for the purposes of this discussion.

Per FBI Table 49, in 2019, the white population made up 67.1% of the total violent crimes, and Black or African American's made up 28.4% of violent crime arrests in cities.
ucr.fbi.gov
Table 49
ucr.fbi.gov

If you notice, the white population makes up 75.8% of the US, but only 67.1% of the violent crime, which is less than their share of the population of violent crimes. The Black or African American population is 13.6%, but makes up 28.4% of the violent crime, which is more than twice their share of the population.

I am by no means saying that all Black or African American's are violent criminals, I am merely pointing out the fact that the Black or African American population makes up a disproportionate amount of arrests for violent crimes.

You can jump on your high-horse all you want to decry any white on black crime as racist, but the statistics, right wrong or indifferent, say something. Again, I am by no means racist against the Black or African American community, but pointing out the hypocrisy of the statements by many on the forum and the media.

Last Edited:
Welp....let's see here......

Race is a thing. It's spoken about EVERY DAY in the MSM. Its crammed down our throats. And I see nothing in that post that could be deemed "racist". Of course, ANYTHING can be deemed racist if you look hard enough or want it to be badly enough.

It's so disingenuous when people equate opposition to illegal immigration with racism.

I am not Latino, but I have Latino friends, and am pretty familiar with Latino culture. There are aspects of that culture that I like more than "white" culture. Most Hispanics that I know are pretty conservative. I have absolutely nothing against them. One Latino guy I know is harshly opposed to illegal immigration; he worked really hard for his US citizenship.

His opinion, which I agree with, is that the system needs changed to make legal immigration easier, and illegal immigration harder. Many Latino immigrants are decent, hard working people, the kind of people that we need more of in this country. We need to control illegal immigration to try to keep out the bad apples.
My wife is Mexican. My whole family on her side is Mexican (pretty much the only family I have). Salt of the earth people and I love them all.

Illegal immigration is NOT a racial issue.

Last Edited:
Are you hoping your world salads and inaccurate posts will confuse people or are you just doing some good ol fashioned gaslighting? :rolleyes:
No, I'm pointing out what is already enforced as illegal already. Texas is not a sanctuary state and the fact that the shooter has been deported multiple times shows that the laws are enforced.

No, I'm pointing out what is already enforced as illegal already. Texas is not a sanctuary state and the fact that the shooter has been xepirted multiple times shows that the laws are enforced.
He was here illegally, so I'm pretty sure that's an example of it not being enforced....

I'll have to take your word for that, I can't recall the last time I voluntarily clicked on or watched an MSM link.
Maybe you should. Not trying to put you down, but there's lots of stuff happening out there and its pretty tough to make any educated decisions without reading the news. From all sides.

If he has diplomatic immunity he can't be prosecuted by the US government but they can make him persona non grata and he has to be removed by the Mexican government . Whether or not they charge him is a different story, the Mexican government can also revoke his immunity and turn him over to the US authorities .
The five time loser doesn't have diplomatic anything, he and every other illegal has a US issued ID called a Matricula Consular card..

Maybe you should. Not trying to put you down, but there's lots of stuff happening out there and its pretty tough to make any educated decisions without reading the news. From all sides.
Huh, kinda sounds like you are trying to put me down just a little bit ;)

Anyway, my reason for avoiding MSM is that for the most part the coverage there is pretty vapid and clickbaitty, and not that I avoid edjumacating myself

Huh, kinda sounds like you are trying to put me down ;)

Anyway, my reason for avoiding MSM is that for the most part the coverage there is pretty vapid and clickbaitty, and not that I avoid edjumacating myself
Both sides of the slanted media pick and choose what to report on. If you only follow one side, you'll miss out on some of the other goings on.

There are people of every race, color, creed and religion that attempt to or successfully come here illegally. Not wanting people to cross freely without being vetted is NOT racist in any way and people that insinuate that are just looking to gaslight.

Huh, kinda sounds like you are trying to put me down ;)
A thicker skin is required to successfully navigate the internet. Not every statement is a put down. And honestly, I couldn't care any less that you took it that way because no matter what I say you will spin it to your narrative. Your post 266 is a good example.

Last Edited:
There are people of every race, color, creed and religion that attempt to or successfully come here illegally. Not wanting people to cross freely without being vetted is NOT racist in any way and people that insinuate that are just looking to gaslight.

A thicker skin is required to successfully navigate the internet. Not every statement is a put down. And honestly, I couldn't care any less that you took it that way because no matter what I say you will spin it to your narrative. Post 267 is a good example.
My skin is plenty thick and I would never have thought it was a put down if you hadn't said it wasn't. But for my post 267, as you also said

Illegal immigration is NOT a racial issue.
I 100% agree, but the post that I quoted did use the word 'racial' and I fail to see how pointing that out is spinning anything

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top