JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why can't BOTH be tamed, instead of having to put up with two flies tracking poo accross our lives?

How?
No one no matter who they were, what they had done, or what they said could command the respect of any major section of the population, but if such a person magically appeared and pulled it off I'd be willing to join that religion. The factional personalities are either stupid, insane, or clever like a fox and on the take.

Until then the best we can do is to play one off against the other.

I was actually referring to the way Bugeye sneaks up on a person. In the beginning he tries to make the government out as helpers, in the end he quotes damning evidence against them (Fed Gov't) and tries to turn the whole thing around. Blitz apparently saw it much the same way as I did...

This is unfair, I didn't turn anything around, I don't believe the 2500 figure from the single undisclosed agent. If that figure is true than you're right and I'm wrong, because there can be no viable reason for that huge number. If it is a few hundred as reported by every other source not based on the CBS story, then maybe they had a good reason for that. We will find out what the truth is, and I can wait to blame the gov until then.

This is why I said this dog might not hunt.

This is unfair, I didn't turn anything around, I don't believe the 2500 figure from the single undisclosed agent. If that figure is true than your right and I'm wrong, because there can be no viable reason for that huge number. If it is a few hundred as reported by every other source not based on the CBS story, then maybe they had a good reason for that. We will find out what the truth is, I can wait to blame the gov until then.

HA HAA HAAAA, The ATF was in trouble for the new Multiple Rifle reporting legislation they were attempting to make sans Congress, they were seeking incontrovertable proof that such was actually needed. Thus project gunrunner. You don't get it, this is/was the ATF's big chance to introduce that sweeping anti-gun legislation for their dark master O'Boner, or somesuch...
The gunstores with the highest number of AK sales were all "working with Project Gunrunner" at least two of the top 3 stores are in Arizona. J&G Sales and Lone Wolf & they got to be top By Thousands of Sales--Not Hundreds. Project Gunrunner ran in 4 border states, you think 300 illegal straw purchases could have possibly been enough for the greediest government agency ever? Never doubt the stupidity of the ATF. The ATF's stupidity & rogue conduct is legendary among Federal Gov't agencies. Much ATF stupidity with border issues exsists in Arizona & if 10 is good then 1,000 is better (proof for the ATF) from what I have seen. The nicest true thing I can say about the ATF is UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Dang Bugeye, I have been absent to this thread so I'm just reading all of this now. I think your level of faith in our gov/atf is beyond any type of normal reasoning. You must work for the gov...lol. because no one in their right mind is buying anything they spew out anymore and haven't been since around the 60's but especially after 911. wakeup

Dang Bugeye, I have been absent to this thread so I'm just reading all of this now. I think your level of faith in our gov/atf is beyond any type of normal reasoning. You must work for the gov...lol. because no one in their right mind is buying anything they spew out anymore and haven't been since around the 60's but especially after 911. wakeup

+1 on that!

I pretty much fiqure the OPPOSITE of what the "official" government position is on any given matter like:

-Social Security is (and will remain) solvent.

-Our Southern border is secure and has never been MORE secure in our history.

-Government run health care will lower the national debt.

-Databases are not kept after a firearms purchase background check.

-It's your baby (oh wait, that was a cheating girlfriend! LOL)

I do work for the government, every year to about May, don't you?

So far the only real news on this story is the one done by CBS, I find that story had to believe. I don't trust the government but I trust single source news stories, that use undisclosed sources, even less. Heck, if I'd bet against these types of stories by now I'd be rich enough to have a reason to vote Republican.

Plus Infinity

So far the only real news on this story is the one done by CBS, I find that story had to believe. I don't trust the government but I trust single source news stories, that use undisclosed sources, even less. Heck, if I'd bet against these types of stories by now I'd be rich enough to have a reason to vote Republican.

Check these out, this should help educate you, but you probably won't change anyway:

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

I do work for the government, every year to about May, don't you?

BULL.
I've been working on this for two months, Codrea and Vanderboegh have been on it longer. CBS would not really have had a story if it weren't for their efforts.
Whether you like it or not, this reporting is "news." I've written about this on-line and in GUN WEEK. The Gun Rights Examiners talk to one another, compare notes and information, and it's too bad if an apologist wants to dismiss the information as "not news" because it's not pleasant, but that is news.

This thing is a fiasco, and Attkisson's stuff on CBS has put it in the mainstream where it belongs. But lots of other real news about this operation has been out there for months.

ATF preparing answers to Congress following ‘Gillett revelation’

...That all of this has happened in the wake of Grassley’s disclosure that Gillett has been cooperating with the investigation and has an attorney leaves observers wondering if there isn’t a new “Fast and Furious” operation now in progress, and that ATF is furiously trying to clean up a mess that CleanUpATF.org (CUATF) has dubbed “One of the most serious scandals in federal law enforcement history.”

<broken link removed>

Perhaps "bugeye" doesn't think this is important because it puts a scandal in the lap of the Obama administration. There's a lot of that going around. ABC, NBC, other major media that supported Obama...they're all ignoring this story like it's the ugly girl at the prom.

I've written Senator Merkley and Wyden regarding gunrunner. Merkley got back to me with this say-nothing form letter...

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views about the Bureau on Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

Given the complexities and range of issues our nation faces, it is always helpful to be able to draw on the ideas, perspectives, and passions of Oregonians. I appreciate your input and will certainly keep your thoughts in mind as I work to address the challenges of our state and our country. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey A. Merkley
United States Senator

Worse still is Wyden, who hasn't responded in any fashion to any of my attempts to communicate with him.

<broken link removed>

from your cite
"The corruption and criminal activity apparently sanctioned by the Obama White House is staggering. The apparent fact that White House ATF agents have been smuggling guns into Mexico and the Department of Justice and politicians are using this smuggling as an excuse to place more restrictions on the ability of law abiding citizens to own guns is both appalling and criminal."

Yeap, 'apprarently sanctioned' because we say so? 'Apparent white house ATF agents'? So, apparently this is supposed to be journalism? Ah yes that good ol fashion apparent news.

I did not know until reading the above link that the ATF was DIRECTLY under the White House: "White House ATF agents". The conclusions drawn from these "apparent facts" are neither apparent nor factual. Just report verifiable fact you media outlets....I'm smart enough to figure out what it means on my own.

ATF preparing answers to Congress following &#8216;Gillett revelation'

...That all of this has happened in the wake of Grassley's disclosure that Gillett has been cooperating with the investigation and has an attorney leaves observers wondering if there isn't a new "Fast and Furious" operation now in progress, and that ATF is furiously trying to clean up a mess that CleanUpATF.org (CUATF) has dubbed "One of the most serious scandals in federal law enforcement history."

<broken link removed>

Perhaps "bugeye" doesn't think this is important because it puts a scandal in the lap of the Obama administration. There's a lot of that going around. ABC, NBC, other major media that supported Obama...they're all ignoring this story like it's the ugly girl at the prom.

Dave, Bugeye is a Cognitive Dissonance Agent. Obama's hero Cass Sunstein wrote the book on these tactics. Every forum has them firmly embedded to obfuscate and sidetrack important "antibody" type work. You and many of us out here are trying to oppose outright evil. Do you think that evil will just sit by and not defend itself here?

Take a deep breath folks, and renew your resolve to fight against the darkness

Dude, you don't really think Bugeye is being paid for some "service being rendered" do you?
Honestly, if so I'd be demanding my money back, cause everything he says only makes me want to go in the opposite direction. I'm sure he's just a lil' mixed-up. He'll probably realize it himself any time now...

Keep Kicking Butt Dave,
as you already know I think you're doing great work!

I have yet to see anyone say this was anything other than either a well intentioned government intervention which hit a little speed bump, or a big fat conspiracy. Middle ground - maybe the people running this deal were just flat out stupid? We are dealing with government, doesn't anyone believe it's possible this is sheer incompetence? It looks like ATF was trying to do the same type of thing DEA does with their drug investigations - take it out of the country and turn it into an international case. Common sense would dictate (and line level agents did scream) this is not a valid or prudent tactic with firearms. Obviously nobody at the top listened or cared.

Dude, you don't really think Bugeye is being paid for some "service being rendered" do you?
Honestly, if so I'd be demanding my money back, cause everything he says only makes me want to go in the opposite direction. I'm sure he's just a lil' mixed-up. He'll probably realize it himself any time now...

Keep Kicking Butt Dave,
as you already know I think you're doing great work!

Anyone who is paying him needs to demand a performance audit, that's for sure

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top