JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A congressional probe into the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ “Project Gunrunner” controversy will not be stalled or derailed by the Justice Department’s assertion that it cannot hand over all documents sought by an April 1 subpoena, a congressional committee spokesman indicated to this column late yesterday.

<broken link removed>

A congressional probe into the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' "Project Gunrunner" controversy will not be stalled or derailed by the Justice Department's assertion that it cannot hand over all documents sought by an April 1 subpoena, a congressional committee spokesman indicated to this column late yesterday.

<broken link removed>

That's an interesting article but doesn't gunrunner, even though botched because guns got into the hands of the cartels, show that there is a major flow of weapons from the US to Mexico? While the details are sketchy I bet they found some of the criminals involved and how they obtained and transfered the weapons. Other then not recovering the weapons, it seems like good police work. This witch hunt may not hunt at all.

That's an interesting article but doesn't gunrunner, even though botched because guns got into the hands of the cartels, show that there is a major flow of weapons from the US to Mexico? While the details are sketchy I bet they found some of the criminals involved and how they obtained and transfered the weapons. Other then not recovering the weapons, it seems like good police work. This witch hunt may not hunt at all.

So the "toll" is two US agents and some 140-150 Mexican killed by the guns that gunrunner allowed to go into Mexico and you still think it's OK?
BATF is supposed to STOP illegal guns sales, not promote them!
BTW: the "flow" info was going to be used to promote more gun control, but they got caught red handed.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Don't let bug get to ya - he's our local contrarian. You say up - he says down. Just likes to argue I think.

Regarding the stall - I'm sure they'll get away with it - they always do. Ain't no justice.

So the "toll" is two US agents and some 140-150 Mexican killed by the guns that gunrunner allowed to go into Mexico and you still think it's OK?
BTW: the "flow" info was going to be used to promote more gun control, but they got caught red handed.

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

No, I don't think that is OK, but the linked article fails to recognize that any valuable information about criminal activity was discovered.
You would have to know what they found out to measure its value.
Since this information is part of criminal cases it has not yet been released.
So, the promoters of these diatribes know they can operate on folks like you without the other side being able to say anything.

From the number of guns the cartels have I don't know how you could determine how many were killed with these guns.
In addition, from the number of guns these cartels have I don't think they are having much problem getting them!

I suppose many of think that putting together a sting operation exploring gunrunning would be easy and that making it foolproof would be as easy as watching a tv show where it is done in fiction? The ever expanding fields of your expertise never fail to amaze even your egos.

If you want to see an amazingly stupid and absurdly expensive sting look no further than the Portland Christmas tree bomber. It seems the FBI managed to enable and entrap one insane kid for a cost of at least 20 million bucks, sheesh.

Are you suggesting that this botch was done intentionally?

Yes. It appears to go all the way up to the top of the DOJ aka Holder and possibly to the WhiteHouse. Even if it wasn't done to push up numbers of guns going from the US to Mexico, its an idiotic idea if you let the guns go across the border. You'll get innocent people killed. This is the ATF that put an upstanding family man (and Army vet/reservist) in fed prison for having a "machine gun" AR 15 that fired two-three bullets at once due to mechanical fault. Trusting anything they say is the height of stupidity.

Sign me up for intentional too. This is an operation designed to be used to attack our 2nd amendment. The traitors in charge needed a flow of weapons into mexico that were traceable back to the U.S. Since it didn't exist, they created and nurtured it. Since they have no regard for human life, I'm sure their only regret is the extra attention brought to the operation by these un-intended deaths. They'll sit back for awhile until it blows over, then back to business as usual. The public's attention span is pretty short.

Wow, NO. Gunrunner Only shows that when the ATF allows illegal Straw Purchases to take place thousands more guns get taken to Mexico, than would have otherwise.

Exactly, the "Flow" info was going to show that Multiple Rifle Sales needed to be reported to the FBI the same way Multiple Handgun Sales are... Just one more piece of legislation brought care of the ATF. Funny cause I always thought it was Congress' job to make new laws not a subordinate agency.

The agents involved were ordered to let guns go into Mexico, so that part was intentional.

Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico - CBS Evening News - CBS News

However, gunrunner has been going on since 2008, last month it was announced that they have over 4,500 investigations going on, while seizing over 10,000 weapons that were heading to Mexico. The the number of guns they let walk are only a few hundred, maybe it was worth it? The simple fact that so many agents complained about it shows that it was not business as usual.

<broken link removed>

As to ATF attacking the 2nd, it is the criminals who sell, buy and transport these guns that are attacking our legitimate rights!

'Blitz' and 'bill'

Please share with us what you two think is so hilarious about an ATF operation that evidently pumped more than 2,000 guns in to the hands of the Mexican drug cartels, where they have been used to kill people, including at least one federal agent on our soil, and one agent in Mexico.

I've just read back over the messages in this thread. Where's the humor?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top