JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This seems an Interpretation on your part; much like when my 5th grade teacher asked me what I thought Shakespeare was thinking!
Peaceable and released back into society go hand in hand!

To encapsulate..it's a clear as a bell quote, to me, from one of the Founders. And IMO true violent felons should receive the death penalty

Had another roving thought(s) this morning.

1. Look at how over zealous the states are in enforcing (Sometimes to the point of entrapment) ANY new "Common sense Safety" law they pass.

It's frightening to see them carry out what is clearly a disarmament agenda against the American people (Criminals, decorated respected retired military, vets and regular people)

It amazes me that anyone here can justify small actions in a larger (and obvious) scheme of total disarmament.

2. Against the potential coming tide of tyranny I find myself more comforted by the idea that even felons might be armed. The enemy of my
enemy is my friend.

Who knows. Random thoughts.

Back to work.

(Criminals, decorated respected retired military, vets and regular people)

The problem most of us have is the lumping of those categories together

What I want to know is this: all the keyboard commandos here have been saying for years that if they came for the guns, you would take to the streets, scream "Molan Labe", and open fire.

Well, it happened.

Agents of the government, in uniform, on duty, came for dude's guns and took them away.

And you all sat right down and posted to a gun board. So it's harder than ever to take any of you seriously now.

What I want to know is this: all the keyboard commandos here have been saying for years that if they came for the guns, you would take to the streets, scream "Molan Labe", and open fire.

Well, it happened.

Agents of the government, in uniform, on duty, came for dude's guns and took them away.

And you all sat right down and posted to a gun board. So it's harder than ever to take any of you seriously now.

Implying "we all" advocate engaging in barbaric violence like your beloved state does on a daily basis.

In any case, nobody here ever took you seriously since all you can ever do is yell Godwin and run away. Absolutely pathetic.

lol-bro-seriously-i-aint-even-mad-dawg_690.jpg

Apparently California actually has a listing of registered gun owners and their guns that state officials can access. We do not have any such listing here in Oregon. Gun stores are required to keep a record of purchases, but to my knowledge that information is not shared with any official. Of course, those of us with CHL s are registered with the state, but not for any particular firearm.

Sooner or later, those California 'repo" men are going to run into somebody who will not surrender and they will lose some people. It will be unfortunate if that happens, but they do seem to be asking for it.

I am not so sure, the OSP keeps all the info given to them at the time of your background check, this includes the s/n of the firearm. I feel we DO have registration in Oregon.

There's a pendulum that swings both ways, sir. :)
I generally tend to be more open about my opinions in person, and I'm great at goading physical threats out of people. Especially people who think they're tough on the internet. All the adults that are secure with their self-image stopped saying "if you met me in person" on the internet a decade ago. It's just all so trite; you people are funny. :)
When did you see "Blitz" make Idle( I presume) threats? I would like to know because I have been the catalyst in this debate and would be more than willing to discuss this in person. Did he send you a PM?

I would agree that there are those who should not have guns. I don't agree with blanket one size fits all approach to the decision to "Take" someones firearms. This can be valuable property. What if someone owns a rare black powder firearm with a certified history? It could be worth thousands and it is his. That is financially devastating, and all because you had some emotional crisis and someone else worried you were suicidal, so you may have been forcibly hospitalized for a week of "Observation". Now you deserve to lose your entire collection and all of it's value? That's wrong! A person should be given a hearing and be adjudicated as unable to own guns in mental cases. A judge should issue similar order to a criminal at sentencing if warranted. The person should be given the opportunity to sell or otherwise legally dispose of his property.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top