JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you have been convicted of a violent felony, you are no longer a free man. If you have mental fantasies of killing children, you should not be a free man and you should have your firearms conficated. IMHO

The founders covered this by declaring violent convicted men not free. The rest of us are free

YOU (or I) are not the arbiter of who is who. Only a duly constituted jury of 12 PEERS are

I tend to disagree with felons, violent or not, having their 2A infringed. If we let folks out into society and deem them fit, then why not restore their rights.( free.. not on parole or the like... free) This is a hard pill to swallow but eventually they will make us all criminals.

You guys worry me. Statements like this concern me. I'm not a "tinfoil hat" guy at all, but if I were a gun-control type who wanted to stir up and discredit the other side, I would get on gun forums and post stuff like this. Not saying that's how it is here; just musing.

Those chekists picked their side, I am merely speaking truth to power.

If those cops had a shred of decency or morality they'd hurl their badges at their politician bosses and quit immediately.

Depression should not be cause to infringe on 2A.

I know plenty of good normal people who are depressed. I call them "Awake and aware"

I also agree that if you've truly paid your debt to society you should have every right of a citizen reinstated.

I tend to disagree with felons, violent or not, having their 2A infringed. If we let folks out into society and deem them fit, then why not restore their rights.( free.. not on parole or the like... free) This is a hard pill to swallow but eventually they will make us all criminals.

I agree with you that felons violent or not should not have their 2nd amendment rights infringed. I am not scared of any of them. I would be at least as fearful of any government worker getting away with "just doing their job" as any felon "just being a felon". Felons are not a protected class unlike government workers.

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption for authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."

The constitution does not imply any rights are ever afforded to any society, no matter how "well intentioned" they may be. The constitution simply recognises the rights of an individual, not society or any group of people.

It is a state registry. They can keep a registry even though the fed can not by law. But tell me my class 2 items are not registered with the feds. On the repo thing, sorry, if you are a convicted felon, or a nut job with violent tendencies, or a nut case that has anger management problems that beats your wife and/or children, then you should have your guns conficated. Although if it was a white collar crime/felony with no violence or a mental record for depression with no documented violent tendencies, then you should have an appeal process. But you won't get one in CA.

I suggest you research domestic violence laws already on the books, which have done a nice job of destroying multiple rights. Research how restraining/protection orders are done, specficially what "ex-parte" means. You have no right to face your accuser, well at least not until the courts get around to your case in a few months and then its "you have a order against you, you're clearly a violent jerk". Till then, good luck buying any guns or in some cases owning them. Good luck getting them back if the cops seize them and you're cleared months later. Oh, and the arrest will still be on your records, which might forbid you from buying a gun for the rest of your life in some jurisdictions. It will certainly make things tougher.

The bottom line is "Convicted Felon" is just that! If you are a convicted felon, YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT To POSSES A FIREARM!
You need to research the "Lautenberg Amendment."
You do not need to be convicted at all.
If you are getting divorced, and your spouse gets a restraining order against you,...

POOF! Your 2ndA rights are GONE!

No court case, no conviction.

Oh, and the "felony" thing? Not even.
Been convicted of a misdemeanor "crime" of domestic violence? Like, did you pour some milk over your significant others head?
That's misdemeanor domestic assault.

POOF! Your 2ndA rights are gone!

Under the current Kalifornia law, if your spouse or your kid went in for mental health issues, regardless of how you store your guns,...

POOF! Your 2ndA rights are gone

Then there's that whole "debt to society" thing.
When you were 20yo and in college, you were part of a group that went after the nerds in the Phi-Gamma-Whamma fraternity down the street.
You and your buds (in a drunken party mood) took one of their Commodore 64s, and stashed it in the tree out back.
As a result, 25 years ago you were convicted of felony burglary.
Your record has been clean ever since. You served in Iraq I, are a decorated vet and have held a steady job and conducted a stable family life in the 25 year interim.
You have 2 great kids, and contribute positively in all aspects of your local community.

And you paid "your debt to society" for the computer "theft."
Yet you are on that dreaded list, despite the fact that the Marines issued you a sidearm and a full auto M16, and ordered/allowed you to maintain a Cobra gunship and load ordnance for 6 years+.

Now, care to revisit your statement quoted above?
Or more to the point,...
Should that even be "the bottom line?"

He's far from alone and we are far from nerds.. if you met many of us in person you would shut yer yap
There's a pendulum that swings both ways, sir. :)
I generally tend to be more open about my opinions in person, and I'm great at goading physical threats out of people. Especially people who think they're tough on the internet. All the adults that are secure with their self-image stopped saying "if you met me in person" on the internet a decade ago. It's just all so trite; you people are funny. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top