JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just came across this page on a firearms dealer website and thought I would point it out to others here:
Why you shouldn't Do Business with Central Payment, Wells Fargo : Buymilsurp.com, Your source for military surplus.

Many of us also heard the stories that PayPal is another business that is anti-gun and many people still use it but in many cases they have to pass it off as some other kind of transaction.

I firmly believe in boycotting businesses if their values clash with mine (I dumped Geico after Buffet got involved in the Obama campaign). They have the right to their opinions, but I have the right to mine. When it comes to businesses I express that opinion with my shopping dollars.

Wow! I must say that story is really Bubblegummed up!!! I don't do business with Wells Fargo for other reasons but I will officially add this to the list. Thanks for sharing. I agree that the best way to let a business know you don't like their policies is to boycott.

Lol. Capitalism, don't like the policy shop elsewhere. Discrimination, you've made a choice to go elsewhere, thus discriminating against the anti-gun business. We all discriminate every day. Milk or orange juice for b-fast?

Just say'n.

I open carry in my Wells Fargo branch & I have had trouble with a couple of gun hater clients in my branch, the tellers at my Wells Fargo have always backed me up. Nonetheless, I pulled my IRA accounts from Wachovia's hands years ago, I have never trusted them.

Never had a problem with Wells Fargo, here or when we lived outside of, and banked in Mout Vernon.

That's only because you're not in the firearm industry.
Try going in and asking for a small loan to start a firearm related business...

This is remarkably similar to what happened with citibank/home depot.
Citibank Continues to Deny Credit to Firearms Industry | NSSF Blog

Seems someone on that page has had a problem with wells fargo as well:
We are a firearms dealer, and have been similarly discriminated against by both COSTCO who refused to extend merchant credit card processing services once they determine (after we had passed credit and all other conditions) that they would not do business with us because we are in the firearms dealer. We have also since been denied the ability to sell on the web by both WELLS FARGO due to similar policies, as well as a subsequent nationwide merchant credit company. It is amazing how prevalent the level of discrimination is among banks. Wells Fargo is the ultimate irony, as their logo prominently features a historic stagecoach with a guard protecting its precious cargo with a SHOTGUN. The discrimination is rampant. Banks seem to forget who keeps them in business and the tools with which their assets are so often defended by the public, the military, and the police.

Being anti-firearm industry is just as bad as being anti-gun owner.

Many so called "anti gun" companies like evil bay or pay pal are not anti gun at all. They do what the lawyers tell them to do to avoid being sued into bankruptcy. There are hundreds of thousands of fire arm related items on evil bay and every one can be paid for with pay pal. Don't blame business for what our elected officials have allowed the court system to become.

^what he said. main reason why big companies don't allow carry is due to liability if something were to happen. I know people always think they are just out to get your 2nd amendment rights but they're not. They are just trying to cover their own *** incase of a law suit.

Many so called "anti gun" companies like evil bay or pay pal are not anti gun at all. They do what the lawyers tell them to do to avoid being sued into bankruptcy. There are hundreds of thousands of fire arm related items on evil bay and every one can be paid for with pay pal. Don't blame business for what our elected officials have allowed the court system to become. -madcratebuilder

That may be so. However, they still have a choice in how they conduct their business, just as I have a choice in how I choose the business I am willing to work with

To echo Chipper's comments, every action or choice not to take action is (or can be) a calculation of risk and liability. If I choose to carry, I am evaluating my risks and potential liabilities for doing so. If I choose to leave it in the safe, I am evaluating different variables for my risks and liabilities. It's a conscious thought process for me ... every time.

^what he said. main reason why big companies don't allow carry is due to liability if something were to happen. I know people always think they are just out to get your 2nd amendment rights but they're not. They are just trying to cover their own *** incase of a law suit.

I'm not sure there isn't someone behind the scenes wanting to take the 2A rights away. Insurance companies or lawyers,but more than likely someone at higher levels doing it,pushing it.
It's still the company's decision to be pro constitution or anti constitution.They can make changes within if they cared.

(I dumped Geico after Buffet got involved in the Obama campaign)

Keep in mind that Buffet/Berkshire also owns entirely or has significant ownership interest in:
Wells Fargo
Bank of America
American Express
Dairy Queen
Coca Cola
Kraft Foods
Fruit of the Loom
Ben Bridge Jewelers
Helzberg Diamonds
See's Candies

I'm not sure there isn't someone behind the scenes wanting to take the 2A rights away. Insurance companies or lawyers,but more than likely someone at higher levels doing it,pushing it.
It's still the company's decision to be pro constitution or anti constitution.They can make changes within if they cared.
You're right, there probably is someone pushing for it but because of what I mentioned and not because they are trying to take your rights away. Companies are there to make money, not worry about your 2nd amendment rights. If they feel that it is not cost effective to allow all customers to carry it's well within their rights to refuse you service.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews