JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So we have fear and panic again, are the gunshows going to be hot selling guns and ammo?:s0133:
No, wrong party in power. Only thing I have seen go up in price is AR's and even they are still a great buy compared to what they sold for before the last great panic. Only now is the market finally catching up. Market bottom literally fell out on these. Now come midterms if the "I hate Trump and want all Dems to win" crowd gets what they want? Then you might see some movement. Come 2020 if these same manage to get another liberal elected then you should see another panic.

Just saying it's the guy that never saw it coming that gets run over by the train. Tax returns, a little fear of bans and the market moves. Might be a good chance to buy and sell if the market warms up. Or yall can just stay home and watch CNN trying to get your guns:D:eek::cool:

I stopped at the Pawn shop near my job today in NE Portland and the gun section was pretty empty. Guy said he'd been selling a lot and no body was bringing anything in. My co-worker said that Sportsman's warehouse in Hillsborough was practically out of 9mm when he went last Friday.

It has been a long time since I've bothered with gun shows, so I wouldn't know. Considering recent events, I am not surprised if there are some engaging in panic buys though. It hasn't changed any of our plans though.

I like going to gun shows...it can be fun to meet up with folks and see what is out there for sale.
Are there times where I think : "Well that was a waste of time"...yep...other times you can find that gem , that you have been looking for...

My favorite of course is the big black powder gun show in Monroe ...and even there things can be hit or miss...but I still wouldn't miss it.

Will folks try to get the best price that they can...yep
Can you lose your shirt on a bum deal...yep again
But I enjoy shooting and owning guns...and going to a gun show is still part of that enjoyment...I am not going to let someone's outrageous high price for a item or a negative* attitude , ruin my fun.
Andy
*pick the adjective of your choice here...

I might go to gun shows just to see if there are any protestors. And if there are, if they are willing to actually engage in conversation. If they're just there to shout at folk, I'll probably just point and laugh.

elsie

Last couple of gun shows I went to were really a put off, 40 mile drive, pay for parking.:(
They were more like a "Shot Show". 90% of if was new stuff.:eek:
One I found, you couldn't buy a firearm unless you belonged to the club sponsoring the event :mad:
Personally, I have all of the guns I need and I'm mainly looking for oddball items, magazines,
or maybe a particular bullet mold. But who knows...:D
I'll stay with the small local events..:cool:

Just about every firearms is lower then it was in the last 8 years, except AK's some reason keep on the rise even the cheap crap. Ammo has been back to about 2007 prices not bad.... No public panic no reason to.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews