JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went and checked the map. Much as it would be nice, I'm not sure I can convince the husband the 4.5 hours drive time, one way, is a good idea. Maybe if the weather stays decent and I start working on him tomorrow.

Alright, the food thing tipped me over the edge. Who's gonna be there Saturday morning?

They contract out the food to a good restaurant in Corvallis, its better than any show around, little spendy but good. Even have a coffee expresso gal too. I am big on the burgers.:D

This week end at the Linn County Fairgrounds and Expo will be the largest and best gun show in Oregon. Right off I-5. Something to think about folks---There will be several hundred tables of weapons there and most of the vendors are qualified buyers. Keep in mind that unless a vendor wants a weapon for their own personal collection they will not pay retail for the piece. Just plain numbers, it costs them a lot of money to do those shows and you can call it "the cost of doing business" but there is one person that will pay that cost, the buyer. There will be a thousand potential buyers there at any given time so if you troll the show with a piece and can't sell it then that should tell you that you are asking too much. From that point it is your decision. Keep in mind that you can sell to a private party and do the background check yourself. Legal and above board. Be prepared to give the buyer a written receipt. Most everyone has a phone with them that will locate the weapon on the internet so a price comparison can be made onsite. Another option is to look at what kieth and other big box dealers are pricing their firearms for and figure that any vendor won't pay much more than half that price purely because of the time it takes to peddle it what with the competition. Just my take on things from a front row seat.

The Hillsboro Gun Show was my first show, as a last minute decision, so I got stuck in the side room, but it was a great learning opportunity and the firearms with the steepest discounts moved well. Everyone looking for a bargain and asking for a deal even on items that were selling out fast. Cracks me up! Wish I had strolled around to see what else was there.

Jeremy

I like gun shows. think of it as a trip to the zoo. you see all sorts of interesting people as you walk through all the overpriced guns, ammo and accessories. In all honestly though I have bought many things up at the expo show over the years including my safe. I like the ARPC one better but it seems every time I see something I want, the dealer is cash only and I never carry that amount of cash with me.

I like gun shows. think of it as a trip to the zoo. you see all sorts of interesting people as you walk through all the overpriced guns, ammo and accessories. In all honestly though I have bought many things up at the expo show over the years including my safe. I like the ARPC one better but it seems every time I see something I want, the dealer is cash only and I never carry that amount of cash with me.
I like checks or cash better for individual sales, but coming out of a gun show with a big wad does not make for the most comfortable walk to your vehicle since you may have not had an opportunity to arm yourself coming out of the show yet.

The Hillsboro Gun Show was my first show, as a last minute decision, so I got stuck in the side room, but it was a great learning opportunity and the firearms with the steepest discounts moved well. Everyone looking for a bargain and asking for a deal even on items that were selling out fast. Cracks me up! Wish I had strolled around to see what else was there.

Jeremy
Your pricing was on par or better than the other vendors there, honestly. Considering one vendor was selling used guns at new prices. You have some interesting dry fire systems that have caught my attention, just need to determine which would best serve my needs.

Gunshows are and always have been a CASH environment. Fortunately, the WAC Shows are held where the ATMs are available. But, if I'm heading to a Show and even thinking about buying I will always have the Cash on hand. The Old saying it still true: CASH talks and Others walk.

In all the years I've been doing Gunshows I've NEVER heard of a single person being Robbed. That's not to say people haven't had things "Stolen" but that's not the same. Wether you are a Vendor or a Looker; you do need to pay attention to what is going on and NOT let yourself become distracted. I have only had one item that I wasn't able to account for at the end of the day. And, I've been doing this for 30+ years.

Your pricing was on par or better than the other vendors there, honestly. Considering one vendor was selling used guns at new prices. You have some interesting dry fire systems that have caught my attention, just need to determine which would best serve my needs.
Dry fire is good for everyone! I made a section for dry fire on my site so folks don't have to spend a lot time figuring out what could get them going. BTW - you forgot to ask for your AR-500 target when you stopped by, send me a pm and let me know which one to set aside for you.

I haven't been to a gun show in a couple yeara, never see the great deals much like I used to.
I have found many resources online that are better then anything local, but i do miss the browsing maybe this summer i'll pop in when they hit here:cool:

There's NO doubt in my mind that you have to look harder and longer to find the deals at Gunshows. In my opinion; that's mainly because the Shows are bringing out more and more Dealers. If the guy cleaning out his Gunroom would take the time to take that stuff to a Show; well, then more bargains would be showing up.

It's kind of what your in the market for as deals are concerned. I know some one who bought a bnib lwrc ic a5 at the last show in Albany for 1900 out the door.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top