JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fellow down the street had a "gun cabinet" (sheet metal locker)

The day time raiders smashed it apart easily and took all his ordinance

If it can happen in Lacey, WA down the street from the two block watch captains (I'm one, my neighbor is the other) it can happen anywhere

Devil's advocate here, especially since it sounds like you've already decided on a safe (a good choice, BTW)...

Some people get way too complacent with a safe and they stop teaching their kids gun safety. If you decide against the safe (or while you're waiting for your new safe to be installed), it's a good idea to keep up the training you've already started with your kids.

I'ts the loaded guns left laying around other peoples houses that you need to lecture your kids about. My kids have no interest now but when I'm cleaning them I always use the opurtunity to teach gun safety.

Get the safe first, then buy the guns.
Mine is fire rated and you can always get a small fire rated document safe to keep inside the big safe, to insure your document safety.

You can build a wardrobe around a safe, so it looks unlike a safe.

If you have guns, you are responsible for what they can do.

I used to give guns to my son, who lives out of state.
Too many times, they were stolen. He needs better friends.
I will never give him another, until he gets a safe.

Like they say, get the biggest safe that you can't afford, get a bigger one than you think, because it will fill quickly. You also need to keep ammo in a safe, or metal box, as it may invalidate your fire insurance if something happened and your ammo causes injury to someone.

Gun cabinets are no longer safe ways to store guns, as most have glass that can be broken.
You are risking theft if someone can see them, anyway.

I am the only one in my house with the combination and I have an electronic lock that opens quickly, not a dial that takes a long time.

I spent many hours, searching the web and calling sources for gun safes.
Then I called my local locksmith, that I've trusted for over 20 years.
He was able to get me a comparable price, from a local distributor and it gave him (a local source) the profit,
rather than some web presence, or big box store.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top