JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it gets to the point of confiscation I can assure you it will spark a civil war.

While our rights are being restricted, Ill aid in the fight any way I can before thinking of relocation.

I don't know, you would hope it would, but look at Connecticut. Not a confiscation really, but a mandatory registration. After their law passed, I saw lines of people eager to show their guns to the government, like good little brainwashed toads. I know many people didn't register their guns and simply 'didn't comply'. But I don't recall seeing any huge backlash at their state government. I don't think a single gun owner even expressed anything to that effect.

While I would hope there would be a revolt should it come down to confiscation (as it should), I just don't know that enough folks would feel that motivated to stand up against their government. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing much fight against them right now.

Move? :s0140:

Americans don't move. We dust off our rifles and clean the place up.

If most of my friends and some of my students moved somewhere else, we would be organized and powerful enough to just start running the show.

I don't know, you would hope it would, but look at Connecticut. Not a confiscation really, but a mandatory registration. After their law passed, I saw lines of people eager to show their guns to the government, like good little brainwashed toads. I know many people didn't register their guns and simply 'didn't comply'. But I don't recall seeing any huge backlash at their state government. I don't think a single gun owner even expressed anything to that effect.

While I would hope there would be a revolt should it come down to confiscation (as it should), I just don't know that enough folks would feel that motivated to stand up against their government. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing much fight against them right now.
True, but the east coast and alike states have been worn down and pussified year after year.. There is no way midwest and southern states would go along with it.
I doubt confiscation would even be fiscally or logistically possible. 400+ million firearms (and perhaps more)

A mandatory buy back and an AWB would be the extent of it. Still nearly unenforceable.
They'd just trump up extra charges should an individual be found with banned items.
Im pretty sure we'd see some civil unrest should it get that bad.

Um, guys, the noncompliance rate in Connecticut is up there around 90%. It's hardly a case of pussification. :)

Anyway if some guy registers a gun, it does not mean he registers all his guns. Some guys who often go to a range with a specific gun might be well advised to register it, so they aren't bothered by cops. Keep in mind that with NICS, almost all of us have "registered", more or less. They might not know exactly what guns we have, but they know who has a lot of guns, which is all they really need to know. A registered gun can still be used to shoot a confiscator, heh.

I don't think we're anywhere near done with the non-violent approach.

Agree. In fact the non-violent approach arguably can be combined with the violent (defensive) approach:
http://strike-the-root.com/why-split-between-non-violent-and-violent-resistance

i think gun grabbers underestimate how many of us have guns and how much ammo we have. everytime there is a scare,guns, ammo, primers,powder, bullets, you name it goes flying off the shelf and into the stock pile.

come and get them.

I say we make "them" leave

IMG_1278_zps417f964e.jpg

Last Edited:
Um, guys, the noncompliance rate in Connecticut is up there around 90%. It's hardly a case of pussification. :)

Anyway if some guy registers a gun, it does not mean he registers all his guns. Some guys who often go to a range with a specific gun might be well advised to register it, so they aren't bothered by cops. Keep in mind that with NICS, almost all of us have "registered", more or less. They might not know exactly what guns we have, but they know who has a lot of guns, which is all they really need to know. A registered gun can still be used to shoot a confiscator, heh.

Agree. In fact the non-violent approach arguably can be combined with the violent (defensive) approach:
http://strike-the-root.com/why-split-between-non-violent-and-violent-resistance

I would draw a distinction between those who go through the defacto registration by buying a gun when a NICS check is involved and those that voluntarily stood in line, for hours, to make certain the government knew who they are and what guns they owned. I watched some of those folks on the news back in 2013 as they were interviewed - some of them were actually excited to register their guns. THAT is the kind of B.S. a gun owner in this country should NEVER be spouting.

Yes, non-compliance in CT is very high, from what I've read, I'd say your number is close. In fact, I've heard similar numbers of non-compliance for New York, and as we've recently heard, 0% compliance for "high capacity magazine" turn in in LA.

And while I appreciate non-compliance for the non-violent sort of 'F you' it gives to the government, I think @ZA_Survivalist was referring specifically to something more akin to an armed uprising. That has yet to happen, save for perhaps the Bundy Ranch incident. I just don't see any real stirs of it at this time. Maybe the government hasn't gone too far yet. But I would agree with ZA, if and when a true 'confiscation' were to happen, it may change things quickly.

I will also agree with ZA that it's unlikely to go that far because I don't think a majority of Americans would ever support a confiscation plan - the poll numbers alone show that to be true.

I would draw a distinction between those who go through the defacto registration by buying a gun when a NICS check is involved and those that voluntarily stood in line, for hours, to make certain the government knew who they are and what guns they owned. I watched some of those folks on the news back in 2013 as they were interviewed - some of them were actually excited to register their guns. THAT is the kind of B.S. a gun owner in this country should NEVER be spouting.

Yes, non-compliance in CT is very high, from what I've read, I'd say your number is close. In fact, I've heard similar numbers of non-compliance for New York, and as we've recently heard, 0% compliance for "high capacity magazine" turn in in LA.

And while I appreciate non-compliance for the non-violent sort of 'F you' it gives to the government, I think @ZA_Survivalist was referring specifically to something more akin to an armed uprising. That has yet to happen, save for perhaps the Bundy Ranch incident. I just don't see any real stirs of it at this time. Maybe the government hasn't gone too far yet. But I would agree with ZA, if and when a true 'confiscation' were to happen, it may change things quickly.

I will also agree with ZA that it's unlikely to go that far because I don't think a majority of Americans would ever support a confiscation plan - the poll numbers alone show that to be true.
True.
Didn't those images of firearm owners standing in line to willingly register firearms make anyone else sick? I had to turn the channel.
I cant fathom standing in line to essentially give my firearm(s) away. :eek:

Would you like to tell us what country have BETTER gun laws than The US of A?
I think that if the US government finally gets the gun control they want,the rest of the world would follow.
I mean the 2 little countries that have better gun laws than the US

I have a Plan B.

If Oregon eventually goes the Calif. route, I may declare residency in S. Dakota - a state that makes it really easy for you to setup residency there. About the only thing you need to show up in person for there is your driver's license, and then once that is done the rest can be done by mail or online. You don't need an actual residence there, just a mailing address that they approve, and there are services there that qualify for about $100 per year.

They have very reasonable gun laws, no income tax, and their political climate is very conservative so little chance of that changing.

Once I have all of my firearms in S. Dakota then they legally go off the books so to speak as from that point forward (at this point in time) I no longer have to account for how I have disposed of them to anybody since Oregon and WA do not currently have laws about firearm possession, only about transfers.

Since I would be a S. Dakota resident, I would not have to account to Oregon regarding where my firearms are or who has them or who I sold them to.

Of course, at some point Oregon may go the route of Calif. and increasing require actual registration of certain firearms, maybe even prohibiting certain types being possessed in the state. I am not sure how plausible that is, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I am not ready to entirely abandon Oregon as I like it here and I have family here who are not ready or able to move elsewhere just because of gun laws, and I want to be around for them.

I listen to him from time to time. Aside from what he has to say, I also like the fact that his very existence really pisses off James Yeager ;)
I think he surpassed James and knew he could do a better job, Reid is far more articulate and I believe was a histoy teacher at one time. His stuff is always spot on.

I think he surpassed James and knew he could do a better job, Reid is far more articulate and I believe was a histoy teacher at one time. His stuff is always spot on.

I've looked at this teaching facility online as well. It looks like a place that would be worth a visit someday, after the magic fairies come and leave me lots of extra money :p

I was born here. I have had the good fortune to travel all around the world. I have been to fancy places and been to dirty hobo/stab get hepatitis from the air countries.

Ill take America. Despite is problems, its still a pretty damn good place to live. We may be dysfunctional as hell, but we are ....US.

Ill stay here, thanks! Good/bad/indifferent , this is my home. This was my fathers home, and his before him, it will be my sons after me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top