JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Male:
Sako
Mauser
Thompson
Luger
Carl (Carl Gustaf aka Swedish Mauser)
Mak, short for Makarov
Colt

Female:
Brinell (Lead hardness unit)
Beretta
Hammerli
Lahti
Moa (I knew a Swedish gal named this)
Valmet

Congrats, first kid? I have a baby girl due in May.

♀️ : Lebel
♂️ : Gunnar
⚧️ : Solothurn

Better than the vehicle they were conceived in...

Next time you meet a girl named Porsche, Mercedes, or Lexus you won't stop giggling.
Mercedes and Porsche (Italian spelling Portia) precede the automobiles by hundreds of years. One of the most beautiful women I've met in many years is named Portia.

I tend to stay away from those type of girls. Not being racist or anything but we can all assume the ethnicity of girls with those names just saying.

Again, not being racist. It's not racist if it's true :D
You need to get out more - IMO those names are no more representative of ethnicity than thinking "Crystal" means a woman is a stripper or trailer trash.

Boy- Bolt
Bull...et
Lever......as pronounced leave er
Wesson
Shooter as in Shooter Jennings but Waylon covered two even though Jennings are not always shooters.
Henry
Webley
Moss....berg
Palmetto
Iver
Rigby
Remington
Rossi......Ross
Schofield
Ballard
Luger
Walther

Girl- Ithica
Kimber
Winny/Winnie as in Winchester
Galil........Lill
Remington
Arisaka
Star but kinda sounds like a dancer........
Noreen
Shiloh as in Sharps.
Astra
Lorcin
Calico
Dakota
Erma
Receiver.........:s0140:

I would say "Saturday Night Special" but thats more about how or when he/she was conceived.......

You need to get out more - IMO those names are no more representative of ethnicity than thinking "Crystal" means a woman is a stripper or trailer trash.
So, you're saying it DOESN'T mean that? :s0092:

Actually, when I think of "Crystal" for a name, I can't help but think of the gal on the TV show Archer who pronounces it "Criss Stall". And she is scary crazy. (I think her name is Cheryl, but it's a running joke in the show that the other characters aren't quite sure what her name really is.) 🤣

Okay, so I don't get out much either.

Kriss

Henry
Oh no, I inadvertently named one of my boys for a gun! :)
Either that or it was after my dad's grandfather. Maybe he was named after the gun company. Probably not though.

I do have relatives named Glock, for real. Never did ask if they were related to the infamous Gaston.

Firearms have never been central to my identity to the degree that they would be a real consideration in naming my kids. To each their own though. The funny thing about names is that no matter what you choose, even if it seems really odd or goofy, after a while the name sticks and that's who they are.

My dad (gone now) apologized to me only one time in my life, that I can remember. They were visiting a decade or so ago, and in the course of conversation we were talking about names. I mentioned that for many years I've gotten junk mail or corporate emails addressed to Ms., because on the west coast especially, my name is more commonly feminine. In the part of the country where I was born, at the time I was born, it was typically a man's name. It doesn't bother me; it's my name. I got over it a long time ago, though when I first met my wife, her mother asked her to try to talk me into changing it, because she thought it was a girl's name.

Anyhow, my dad got really funny about it, and started sincerely apologizing. I told him it didn't bother me, and laughed it off. After they left though, I got a little irritated. Of all the things in my upbringing to apologize for… of ALL the things…. :confused:

Sorry for the long winded post. My only advice as far as naming your offspring would be this- choose carefully, because the poor kid has to live with what you choose. :)

Just don't call them, "Dum-Dum."

How about, "Link". As in link fed?
Or, "Case". As in cartridge case?

My mother, who was having a tough time in the hospital just told my father, "Name him what ever you want !". My father didn't have much of an imagination :rolleyes: so I became a jr.
The guns came later. :)

Last Edited:
I never had children.

I would choose a name for a child that would not be something that he or she would REGRET being called 'down the road'.

I would choose a family name or another nice name.

I was very careful when it came to naming my dogs too.

Catherine

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top