JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can look up the theater you are planning to go to and see what company owns it, the no weapons policies are usually chain wide. The AMC theater chains here have 4 big "No weapons" signs on the doors as you walk in. I believe the bag checking is done so you don't bring in your 75 cent box of candy and have to buy their $6 version, as all the money made in theaters is done at the concession stand.

Morning MAX = awesomely safe and relaxed
Afternoon MAX = nerve-wracking
Night MAX = head on swivel, palm on gun grip

I would get up at 5am and head in but wouldn't ride home until 10pm.
Even in the morning I would usually pretend I was sleeping but pay close attention to everyone and everything.
Saw a homeless guy get on in the morning, pissed all over himself, then a lady in business attire sit in his seat he got up from. She sat right in his mess. God I felt aweful for her.

At night leaving downtown it was full of homeless people. Had a guy sitting behind me tell his buddy he stabbed a guy for stealing his .35 cents.
Then the guy in front of me lit his shoe on fire.

I would always have my Beretta 92 in my bag and riding home often I had one hand in the bag.

Good thing we spend all those millions on the max.

I would get up at 5am and head in but wouldn't ride home until 10pm.
Even in the morning I would usually pretend I was sleeping but pay close attention to everyone and everything.
Saw a homeless guy get on in the morning, pissed all over himself, then a lady in business attire sit in his seat he got up from. She sat right in his mess. God I felt aweful for her.

At night leaving downtown it was full of homeless people. Had a guy sitting behind me tell his buddy he stabbed a guy for stealing his .35 cents.
Then the guy in front of me lit his shoe on fire.

I would always have my Beretta 92 in my bag and riding home often I had one hand in the bag.

Good thing we spend all those millions on the max.

WTF ^^^^^ IS WRONG WITH PORTLAND GEEES:rolleyes:

Update: Further discussion we are just going to get dinner and not do the movie.
Looks like my son will only be at his event 1-2 hours and I don't want him hanging around after its over so no extra movie time. As Where he will be I know is not a great place. But yea I will be carrying obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been to Regal Cinemas, Cinetopia, OMSI IMax and Century cinemas, no issues...

Regal is the most entertaining, they occasionally check the wife's purse and let me walk on through...

If there's not a metal detector, I'm
Carrying... If there is, I'll seek my entertainment elsewhere...
They're a lot more worried about you carrying snacks in, that's why they check purses and bags.

So got back early A.M.. not, been around and about in Portland since the early 90's I was anywhere around that city but the V.A. and Dorenbeckers up there I usually drive right on thru if traveling. I was shocked at the homeless population up there, tents , and people sleeping in near every doorway. I ended up taking my son to a concert at Roseland and then me and the mrs went back over the bridge and got a late dinner came back and picked him up. Let see saw maybe 10 hookers a few thousand homeless. A pimp nice car though. A few drug deals about 100 cop cars and one arrest guy got slammed on the hood two feet from my car.
I was locked and loaded 100% so was the mrs. I pretty pathetic. Nothing against the people that live and work there. But man we have homeless here but that is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond chronic up there and it was not just one place it went on and on for blocks and miles. WTF.
But lets make sure Gov Kate sets the priorities in thei state going after non-criminal gun owners rather then deal with what looks like a massive problem one can imagine unless you seen it or live there. Wow was all I could think seeing it.
Anyways didnt get to a movie no time but was a trip in more ways then one.

They come from everywhere around the country for the freebies, Portland is famous as a place you can live well pretty much forever without moving a muscle if that's what you want from life. I spent thirty years working there and finally woke up after losing the house because of the 2008 debacle. Glad I no longer had a reason to stay.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top