JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am going up to Portland next son and friend are seeing a concert wife and I though maybe
we would go the Imax as we don't have them down here. Anyone know there CC policy in movies there, as I won't leave them at home or the car.
PS, not going to call and ask them either, if you guys tell me then I can act ignorant of their policy also there site doesn't say anything I could find.

( edit , went came back, didn't have time to get to the movies, but carried the whole time like normally would especially from what we saw in Down town. )

Appreciate all the responses but back 3/15 !

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
its been a few years but I've been to the Imax many times and they have never frisked, searched or had any metal detectors.

also, if OMSI owns it then doesn't that make it a public building, which means they cant even make it a policy.

Both me and the Mrs carry on person so no bags to be searched and seen.

Ya know we aren't keen to all those new fangled searching thingys up in that big city bert
afor goin, Ah-herd-at - them there flicker you best bein ker-ful.
But I recon welbein jerst fine, taint used to those big city slickers and their ways.
Ahpreshadit, ya'all. I aint concernedwithallat, Ainomo.
But dint waner comecross Struttin' Like A Rooster in A Hen House.
PS. Anyon-U ner-place sumpumdeat ? Around those parts.

Thank yer !

also, if OMSI owns it then doesn't that make it a public building, which means they cant even make it a policy.

haven't been to the movies downtown in years, just learned that Regal has an imax theater. Regal is a private building, they have a policy but its not illegal to carry.

Wouldn't mind seeing the new Star Wars on an imax screen that would be pretty cool.

Watched the New Star Wars at the Lloyd Center Cinema 7:00 show with my pistol in my back pocket just like always. No problems. If there was a sign I didn't see it and would have ignored it. Had someone attempted to pat me down I would have let them (they wouldn't have found it) had there been metal detectors The place would have been a riot with the thousands trying to get in the door. Had I been asked if I was carrying I would have looked them dead pan and said "huh?" Had I been asked to leave I would have immediately. Enjoyed the movie a lot.

Been to Regal Cinemas, Cinetopia, OMSI IMax and Century cinemas, no issues...

Regal is the most entertaining, they occasionally check the wife's purse and let me walk on through...

If there's not a metal detector, I'm
Carrying... If there is, I'll seek my entertainment elsewhere...

I carry everywhere. Literally. The only time I don't is if I know I will be drinking or otherwise unable to properly utilize my sidearm.

The theaters in Portland, much like the city of Portland in general, are less concerned about the actual act taking place and more concerned about putting up signs that make people THINK they care.

Watched the New Star Wars at the Lloyd Center Cinema 7:00 show with my pistol in my back pocket just like always. No problems. If there was a sign I didn't see it and would have ignored it. Had someone attempted to pat me down I would have let them (they wouldn't have found it) had there been metal detectors The place would have been a riot with the thousands trying to get in the door. Had I been asked if I was carrying I would have looked them dead pan and said "huh?" Had I been asked to leave I would have immediately. Enjoyed the movie a lot.

You went to lloyd cinemas and only carried one gun?!
Brave sob.

I might have concealed the AR pistol going there.

Balls of steel Sir.

I used to live in Gresham and I worked a part time job in down town and then a part/full time job in the hollywood dist.
I usually took the max daily for about a year.

Not something I would ever do again.
Taking the max from portland to the last stop in gresham at night is as sketchy as is gets.
That was back in 2001. Only gotten worse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top