JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I buy this in normal calk gun size tube from Bearings Inc. (they are now applied mechanical or something I think.)

It is a food grade high temp lubricant for food processing machinery and designed to not wash off even with detergent.

I have tried hundreds of lubes around saltwater and this is the only one that stays persistent and lubes at high temp and cycling rates. A very thin film is all that is needed and

around marine environments it is better than corrosion block.

Lubriplate "SFL" NLGI #0 grease (their "FGL"is 2nd best.
How does it function in the cold? The area we hunt on the east side likes to trick us with sub 0 double digits on occasion.

I've been using Phil Wood Waterproof Grease-For Ball and Roller Bearings.

It's designed for bicycles and is considered the best in its industry.

"Use enough grease to form a seal. Will last until contaminated by entry of dirt. REPELS WATER"

The wife rode to work and back every day even in winter. I tuned her bike and packed the bearings every six months and never had a failure! I use it on any sliding surfaces! It's lighter than automotive bearing grease, costs about $8 at any good bike shop.

I recently was given a bottle of something called 'Black Rifle Balm' made by Weapons Lube by something called Cherrybalmz Weapons Lubricants LLC, Sparks NV. A salesman where I work I think knows the Mfg. of it and is helping him promote it - GREAT STUFF! I am skeptical of anything new but this stuff really works well and smells great! Its like a thin grease when applied but then slowly 'melts' down and creeps into the action. I applied it to the slide rails of my CZ and the hammer pivot and it improved the trigger pull DRAMATICALLY - virtually no 'creep' anymore. Really slicked up the universal shell holder on my Co-Ax reloading press also. Going to completely strip my 1911 and lube it up with it soon. The only downside I see is it's $16.99 per 1/2 Oz so when mine is gone it may stay gone for a while.

Last Edited:
How does it function in the cold? The area we hunt on the east side likes to trick us with sub 0 double digits on occasion.
Goose hunting in zero- <zero over the years in Klamath taught me to use dry silicone lube for hunting, and oils for storage to prevent corrosion. (Pump/auto SGs)
Everything else WILL freeze up at some point.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top