JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I buy this in normal calk gun size tube from Bearings Inc. (they are now applied mechanical or something I think.)

It is a food grade high temp lubricant for food processing machinery and designed to not wash off even with detergent.

I have tried hundreds of lubes around saltwater and this is the only one that stays persistent and lubes at high temp and cycling rates. A very thin film is all that is needed and

around marine environments it is better than corrosion block.

Lubriplate "SFL" NLGI #0 grease (their "FGL"is 2nd best.
How does it function in the cold? The area we hunt on the east side likes to trick us with sub 0 double digits on occasion.

I've been using Phil Wood Waterproof Grease-For Ball and Roller Bearings.

It's designed for bicycles and is considered the best in its industry.

"Use enough grease to form a seal. Will last until contaminated by entry of dirt. REPELS WATER"

The wife rode to work and back every day even in winter. I tuned her bike and packed the bearings every six months and never had a failure! I use it on any sliding surfaces! It's lighter than automotive bearing grease, costs about $8 at any good bike shop.

I recently was given a bottle of something called 'Black Rifle Balm' made by Weapons Lube by something called Cherrybalmz Weapons Lubricants LLC, Sparks NV. A salesman where I work I think knows the Mfg. of it and is helping him promote it - GREAT STUFF! I am skeptical of anything new but this stuff really works well and smells great! Its like a thin grease when applied but then slowly 'melts' down and creeps into the action. I applied it to the slide rails of my CZ and the hammer pivot and it improved the trigger pull DRAMATICALLY - virtually no 'creep' anymore. Really slicked up the universal shell holder on my Co-Ax reloading press also. Going to completely strip my 1911 and lube it up with it soon. The only downside I see is it's $16.99 per 1/2 Oz so when mine is gone it may stay gone for a while.

Last Edited:
How does it function in the cold? The area we hunt on the east side likes to trick us with sub 0 double digits on occasion.
Goose hunting in zero- <zero over the years in Klamath taught me to use dry silicone lube for hunting, and oils for storage to prevent corrosion. (Pump/auto SGs)
Everything else WILL freeze up at some point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top