JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just opinion again so don't go postal over what I think:D Over and over again folks can't seem to reach the other side and get them to come aboard with protecting your gun rights. Ever think that for many decades the standard approach of reasoning is just a fail because its' repeating the truth so often they just won't listen any more. You get shut out the way a parent gets shut out and you just can't reach them.

This site tries to bring them around with fun, show em how and they will come around. Yet the voting booth shows they believe there are more important issues that being able to protect yourself.

After decades of effort I suggest you start putting yourself in their shoes and figure what motivates them. What would get a liberal to stand up for your rights? It's a right they don't really care about because frankly it has nothing to do with their lifestyle. I think comparison will be the answer some day. When you compare shooting a gun to driving a car which is more dangerous? Most liberals use the highways so they can relate to driving. When you have un protected sex compared to going out and shooting a gun which is more dangerous?

Lifestyle, libs live in their lifestyle so just ask them to compare. It's why the universities stop free speech, they don't want folks thinking and comparing. Use your free speech and ask questions, don't tell them, ask them and get them thinking.

Yes, but if you don't talk "politics", how do you figure out if you are of the same political persuasion? I have not found it to be that easy to ascertain. There are a lot of people who, even if they are of the same political persuasion, are very adept at politely steering the conversation away from anything political, so you never know what their alignment is.
Those are mostly independent voters or relatives of some kind.
It's not easy, but you can find a way to figure it out.

I actually have tried something similar to this and the results are 50/50 and the wrong 50 has made for some very uncomfortable situations. So been there, done that.

Not dissing your suggestion, but some of the responses I have gotten have made me very cautious about starting the conversation, and to date, with the exception of my golf buddy that I mentioned earlier, guns just don't come up in regular conversations, especially in the blue state of Oregon these days, unless it is "OMG, another shooting, why they heck doesn't the government just ban all guns????"

Well, hey, at least you've tried, and any success is better than none. :)

I actually have tried something similar to this and the results are 50/50 and the wrong 50 has made for some very uncomfortable situations. So been there, done that.

Not dissing your suggestion, but some of the responses I have gotten have made me very cautious about starting the conversation, and to date, with the exception of my golf buddy that I mentioned earlier, guns just don't come up in regular conversations, especially in the blue state of Oregon these days, unless it is "OMG, another shooting, why they heck doesn't the government just ban all guns????"

IT hasn't always been this way. I remember when almost every pickup had gun racks in the back windows with rifles in them.

Yes, but if you don't talk "politics", how do you figure out if you are of the same political persuasion? I have not found it to be that easy to ascertain. There are a lot of people who, even if they are of the same political persuasion, are very adept at politely steering the conversation away from anything political, so you never know what their alignment is.
Very true

I have conversations with gun grabbers fairly frequently. I grew up around guns not thinking much about them. Since then, I've spent ten years in Portland and now live in Seattle. Big change gun wise.

I run into anti gunners a bunch. I find most of the time they don't understand current laws. They usually say things should be one way when current laws already mandate that. They are usually surprised when I tell them that.

There is a lot of misinformation out there when it comes to gun laws, and not everyone does their homework.

I'm not against engaging people in a political gun debate. Though like all politics, some people are just dug in too deep.

I run into anti gunners a bunch. I find most of the time they don't understand current laws. They usually say things should be one way when current laws already mandate that. They are usually surprised when I tell them that.
How else are they going to react? They get their information from morons in office, journalists, and other antigun idiots.

I have conversations with gun grabbers fairly frequently. I grew up around guns not thinking much about them. Since then, I've spent ten years in Portland and now live in Seattle. Big change gun wise.

There is a lot of misinformation out there when it comes to gun laws, and not everyone does their homework.

I'm not against engaging people in a political gun debate. Though like all politics, some people are just dug in too deep to even care what the real truth is.

Sad, sad truth right there. ^^^ I added a little bit there.

There's a commercial with two teenage boys, 16-17-18? Standing there on the cell phone trying to get someone to come and put the spare tire to their little Toyota, or what ever. He's holding a pry bar and ends up asking "Is this a lug wrench" Makes me scream at the TV. DAMN! Now I hear car companies are not even putting spare tires in their cars anymore! Makes me think of the old song "In the year 2525"!
There's another good reason to drive a truck. Full size spare. :p

The funny thing about that is there are to boys on the PHONE TRYING TO CHANGE A TIRE give me a break WELCOME TO THE NEW AMERICA WHERE BOYS ARE SISSY AND CAN'T CHANGE A TIRE F@#$_&-+ JOKE AND EVERYBODY GETS A TROPHY

Next thing your going to tell me is the MAN of the year is some dip S#!+ with his hair in a bun wearing skinny jeans lol joke joke a and another big joke

Next thing your going to tell me is the MAN of the year is some dip S#!+ with his hair in a bun wearing skinny jeans lol joke joke a and another big joke
Stranger things have happened... I mean, Hitler was Time Magazines Man of the Year in the 1930's... the only thing about his personality and appearance that was missing from the modern hispster is the man bun.

Also, you just have to keep trying and use logic. Inflammatory statements will get you nowhere, so appeal to sensibility and their perspective. Ask more questions than give answers, and leave them to imagine.

758100B5-BB10-4758-86B4-0B53D55A6C7E.jpeg

I love having talks with gun grabbers :) they love to spout lies and I correct them.. I love it when it gets to the point where they are so flustered that they get to name calling.. I just laugh at them at that point.

It makes my day to PO a liberal gun grabber

BTW, I only do that to the die hard ones.. the ones that are on the fence I talk to about gun safety, shooting and anything else to get them into a discussion that may bring them to our side.

The last decade or so the liberals often seem suicidal when it comes to cars. It is amazing to me to watch liberals on bicycles act like they are trying to start road rage. Many go out of their way to piss off cars. It's the craziest thing to watch. Especially with how many drivers you see with a phone in their face while driving. When I worked at a place that was a mile from home I had a bike I would use when weather was nice. I was too scared to ride in the street at all. I used the sidewalk. I hear it was something I was not supposed to do but never had a Cop say a word to me. I always figured if one did tell me I could't do that the bike was going to never be used for work again. Many of these guys ride like they think they are in a Mac truck and can bully cars. They seem to have a death wish.
Here in Eugene I pulled up at a red light for a right hand turn and encroached slightly on the crosswalk because the light turned yellow, then red pretty late in the process. I encroached maybe a foot or so, trying to get stopped without locking up the tires. Some jerk about 25, riding his bike on the sidewalk rode into the crosswalk to cross the street, and as he passed my hood he slammed his fist down on it. Of course, he was gone in a flash since I was turning right and he was crossing to my left. I had no intention of pursuing him, since I was CCing and had the toddler with me. I went on about my business, stopped at the grocery store, and 10 minutes later was back at the same intersection. As I sat there at the red light, who pulls up in the bike lane next to me but the same sh*thead. I sat there staring at him until he turned and looked at me. I continued to just stare holes through him. His eyes got wide and he took off through the red light. Haven't seen him since.

i'm about half liberal, and a millennial to boot, and take a bunch of my liberal friends shooting.

The main thing I notice isn't them wanting to ban guns, they agree that laws only really effect those who follow them, and know that the vast majority of gun owners are not crazy... the thing is, gun laws are not their priority when electing representatives. Things like healthcare, education and the environment take a much higher precedence.

That said, it totally does leave the door open for incremental erosion of our rights, which is not good, but neither is our healthcare system, education system, or the outlooks on our environment. So I guess, choose a cause, and try not to get in the way of the others? I don't know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top