JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am now beginning to think that our worst fears are going to be realized in 2016. I'm seeing growing evidence that all of Oregon's Anti-gun groups are busy fervently working to capitalize on the Umpqua Community College tragedy in next year's legislative session.

The groups seem better coordinated than ever, as Bloomberg has funded yet another group called OREGON ALLIANCE FOR GUN SAFETY, to better coordinate and organize their efforts to being new gun laws to Oregon. And they are absolutely giddy over their victory this year in getting mandatory background checks past.

Even well before Umpqua, back in July, the OREGON ALLIANCE FOR GUN SAFETY started a new campaign in Oregon called "NOT ONE MORE" They claimed that 16,000 Oregonians had sent NOT ONE MORE postcards to members of the Oregon State Legislature, demanding new gun laws in 2016. And now after Umpqua, they seem to smelling blood, and now appear that they will make a major effort next year.

And they are bragging that they are going to flood the state capitol with "TENS OF THOUSANDS" of these postcards. While I could not find a copy online of the one they made for the Oregon legislature, here is an image for another postcard that is part of this campaign, designed to be sent to Congress in Washington, D.C -

Postcard-Email-Graphic.png

And they have also created a Facebook profile picture for their supporters to use on Facebook and other social media. I've noticed several people in the Eugene area that recently started using this image as their Facebook profile picture:

NOT_ONE_MORE.jpg

I really think that a major attack on gun rights is coming to Oregon in just a few months. The 2016 Oregon Legislative Session opens on February 1st. That is less than 3 months away.

Are any gun owner organizations in Oregon doing anything yet to prepare to fight this? It looks like the battle to influence the legislature has already begun, from what I am seeing.

Nope, not one that I can find. OFF seems to have gone nearly dark, just sending out the occasional press release to tell us what we already know. I think we're on our own on this one and considering that too few gun owners are showing real concern, I do expect we're going to take it in the backside during the next legislative session. There are no votes to block them. They won earlier this year and they now know for sure we can't stop them.

Anything that could have been done needed to happen in the 2014 election, but too many pro-gun folks either didn't turn out, didn't vote or just didn't care.

Our only real hope at this point is for a major turn in the 2016 election, giving a pro-gun majority that might be able to turn this f'ing corrupt a$$ state around.

I won't be holding my breath.

If I am to be legislated into becoming a criminal tomorrow when I am not one today, then so be it.

How do you fight crooked unaccountable legislators that control Oregon and are bought and paid for by an out of state billionaire buying his way into heaven:mad:

Oregon, like Washington has been liberalized, folks from all over but chiefly California have discovered the "good life" up here in the last 30 years. Forty years ago, strip malls did not exist, they are everywhere now, even smaller towns. Same thing with McMansion houses, fast food chains, etc. And for every gun loving Californian that has come up to the fresh air another 10 or 20 Feinstein supporting liberals have followed. You can't find a moderate Democrat these days to save your life.
Winning the presidency and getting a couple more conservative judges in SCOTUS is the best course. Vote every chance you get against the wrong sort of candidate but I fear both in OR and WA we are simply badly outnumbered. Practically, every day of non compliance with an illegal curtailment of the Bill of Rights is a victory.
IMHO
Brutus Out

Maybe somebody local can attend the "party"? ;)

http://www.oregonallianceforgunsafety.org/calendar

That is indeed interesting. That is their 2nd month in a row now having a meeting at a large church in Eugene. I guess that they must be trying to rally churches against gun ownership. I wonder if it means that this organization is headquartered in Eugene too? As both of those meetings have been in Eugene. It would indeed be interesting to see what they are saying at these meetings.

From looking at that page, it looks like they are planning to get attendance at Spring townhalls for legislators packed with anti-gun folks next year, in order to sway representatives, and make them believe that the public is clamoring for gun control.

I am wondering just how far they will be willing to go next year? Could they go so far as some eastern states have gone, and even require registration, licensing?

We may be facing a very odious situation soon.

Certainly Eugene cannot dictate to the rest of the state, can it? That city is an utter mess.

Do you know that the city council is trying to force high capacity housing onto the public there currently? They don't want more single family homes. Instead, they want high density housing to be created along the city's bus lines. The proposal is even for only a half of a parking space for each two 3 bedroom units to be built as part of the plan. In other words, they expect only half of the households to need only 1 vehicle! The other half: none.

Existing residents where this new development is to be built are currently up in arms. They don't want tall high density buildings in their neighborhoods. And this is all being done in the name of stopping climate change. Some people at least appear to be finally waking up as to just what that really means.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...cil-to-examine-land-use-instructions.html.csp

Last Edited:
Yeah, I'm old school and honor and integrity still mean something to me.;)
But alas, these progressives are a bunch of lying snakes!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Left or right, liberal or conservative, politicians are mostly a bunch of ego driven power hungry individuals who will do and say whatever it takes to stay in power, and to acquire more power.

I've only ever met one politician who had any integrity.

In general, it is our own fault: we elect them because they tell us the lies we want to hear. Most people do not seek out the truth because we want to believe the lies. Truth is hard to find and even harder to accept - it requires that we constantly question what we think we know. It is much easier and more comfortable to just go through life believing the lies.

In short, if we want to know who is to blame for our situation, we should go look in the mirror.

OTOH - it doesn't hurt to at least try to hold them accountable for their actions and words.

Just don't expect much from either the politician or their followers. We have all seen followers of "leaders" who have lied and/or done bad things either disbelieve the accusations or promptly forgive them and move on.

Most voters - liberal or conservative - are only in it for themselves anyway - as long as the politician expresses support for their cause. That includes gun owners.

I guess it's time to start playing dirty with the politicians in Salem. Start looking for dirt on them - make it public. Go after the names that supported Kitzhaber while he was playing fast and loose with our money. Get the dirt and let them know you'll make it all public if they push for more anti gun legislation. Talking won't work. OFF and the NRA won't stop them. They need to know there will be real consequences for voting to take the rights from law abiding citizens.

At this point, I see no option but to turn their dirty tactics back on them.

Anyone know any good stories of corruption, sex, lying, online perversions about any of the current folks that the rest of the voters need to be aware of? Maybe it's time to put those to work. Unless someone has a better idea.

Anyone know any good stories of corruption, sex, lying, online perversions about any of the current folks that the rest of the voters need to be aware of?

the daily life of the Oregon governor

True. But I'm thinking more of verifiable proof of those things going on behind closed doors, special deals, etc. that they definitely don't want getting out to the public.

Last Edited:
So, how would they feel if their 1st amendment rights were treated like they want to treat our 2nd? I propose...
-A .05 tax per word whenever they wish to speak.
-All schools and public buildings would certainly need to be free speech free zones.
-Small capacity rallies. Only 10 supporters or less.
-Small caliber delivery of said free speech...like, say, smoke signals or quill penned parchment scrolls. No more Twitter, political websites, or TV appearances. After all, none of those were around when the framers wrote the constitution.
-Background checks and registration of all speeches. Just anybody can't be trusted with free speech. You need to be catalogued and approved first.

I believe that would be a viable tactic, it's underhannded & devious just like the lefts dirty deads!!!

What about getting the video and minutes of those meetings while shoving the bill down the throats with the emergency clause?
Anything to do with that and campaign donations to those who voted for it?
I have come to the reality that we, as citizens, cannot put our trust into anyone (individual or entity) but ourselves in this fight for our rights!!!! We need to get organized and kick some butz. How, I don't know but we have to get serious about this or we can just play the blame game and tuck our tails.

Last Edited:
There a good deal of Sheriffs across the state that do not support unconstitutional restraints on the 2A. While yes, Bloomberg and his highly paid thugs did a good job of kicking Kitzhaber to the curb, that doesn't mean that Kate Brown is invincible, it also doesn't mean that the rest of the newly elected and re-elected reps down there are invincible either. We as voters can always reverse time and restore Oregon. The humor and solace I take in all of this is that they knew Kate Brown would NEVER win in a general election, the only way to get her in the governor seat was to let Kitz do the campaigning and then get rid of him so she can take the seat by default. Very clever!

However, from what I've heard from many Oregonians that don't live here in Portland, or in the central Willamette Valley is what's the point? If we all band together (even us poor saps here in Portland) we can out vote Multnomah County. So instead of crying and bubbleguming about it, lets rally together and get a real movement going. Eastern Colorado did it and many other states have as well and so can we. But, in order for that to work we have to be every bit as organized as Bloomberg.

Just like the GOP there are too many factions in the 2A community; open carry, concealed carry, IWB, OWB, .380, 9mm blah blah. We spend way too much time arguing technicalities with each other than joining together under one leadership and making our voices heard.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top