JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Her supporters appear non-enthusiastic...and slightly medicated

Johnson-Harrell-2-1024x682.jpg

I wish there was a way: When a legislator is caught and convicted as a felon, all previous votes they have cast SINCE the violation would be null and void. There would be a lot less gun control on the books. And a good incentive for party policing their members

Female, Black and Muslim---and a thief. Interesting combination. That popping sound you hear
is liberal heads exploding.

"The Attorney General's Office says Johnson-Harrell will be pleading guilty and will resign from office effective December 13th."

No mention of 'she's out on bail' or a trial or possible punishment by way of prison.

Odd...

Interesting how many relatives she lost to "gun violence" and apparently gun control isn't working in Philly? Or did that "violence" occur in another country? Say like the middle-east? Leaves one thinking don't it?:rolleyes:

Some history.. And in everything below, just another damn thief. And with those 3 degrees she purportedly has, she wasn't smart enough to not get caught stealing? I agree with nammac they need to be removed from office but I want them tarred, feathered and on the rail. :s0039:

Dan

Movita Johnson-Harrell was elected ..... on March 12, 2019.
Her priorities include education reform, economic development in low-income communities, and gun violence prevention. West Philly native..
lost her son to gun violence in 2011....
tragedy inspired her to create the CHARLES Foundation

Rep. Johnson-Harrell graduated from Penn with three degrees.
an interim supervisor of Victim Services in Philadelphia District Attorney's office

"The Attorney General's Office says Johnson-Harrell will be pleading guilty and will resign from office effective December 13th."

No mention of 'she's out on bail' or a trial or possible punishment by way of prison.

Odd...

Why in the hell do they let these people resign? They should be fired prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and jailed!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Johnson-Harrell, the first female Muslim member of the House, came to office with the intensely personal story of having endured the shooting deaths of her father, brother, cousin and 18-year-old son. She campaigned on a platform of ending gun violence, and is active in an anti-gun violence foundation named for her son Charles, who was shot to death in 2011.
Shapiro said the defendant personally spent more than $500,000 from Motivations Education & Consultation Associates, or MECA, on vacations, designer clothing, luxury car payments, real estate purchases, past-due mortgage payments, and other personal expenses.
Johnson-Harrell earned a salary of $89,000 while serving in the Pennsylvania General Assembly and had left a job with the Philadelphia DA's Office as a victim's advocate which paid $104,000 yearly. It is reported that her thefts from MECA continued while she was working for the DA's Office as well as in her elected position.

Per the Quaran, theft is punishable by amputation of the hand if these conditions are met:

1- The thing should have been taken by stealth; if it was not taken by stealth, then the hand should not be cut off, such as when property has been seized by force in front of other people, because in this case the owner of the property could have asked for help to stop the thief.

2- The value of the stolen property should be above a certain limit, which is three Islamic Dirhams or a quarter of an Islamic Dinar, or their equivalent in other currencies.

(note about above, a Dinar is a measure of gold at roughly 4.44g in ancient times. A quarter, then would be 1.11g of gold. At today's price, that's roughly $53. Gold was probably worth more back then than it is today...but, even if inflated 1000x, she'd have still stolen more than the requisite amount)

3- The stolen property should have been taken from a place where it had been put away, i.e., a place where people usually put their property, such as a cupboard, for example.

4- The theft itself has to be proven, either by the testimony of two qualified witnesses or by the confession of the thief twice.

5- The person from whom the property was stolen has to ask for it back; if he does not, then (the thief's) hand does not have to be cut off.

The decision seems pretty cut and cauterized to me.

Why am I not surprised?:rolleyes:

What's funny is that she lost the first time she ran for this seat, then person she lost to, Vanessa Lowery-Brown, had to resign due to being convicted of "bribery and other charges." There was a special election due to the vacancy, which Johnson-Harrell won and in keeping with the seat, continued the legacy of corruption.

came to office with the intensely personal story of having endured the shooting deaths of her father, brother, cousin and 18-year-old son.

I think that she got into politics because there appears to be no longevity in the family business..................

Ray

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top