JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Huge amount of work for a small yield. Make a better barter item than practical use.

In SHTF, butter made from goat milk is going to be the cooking oil. Much more efficient that going after sunflower oil. Sunflowers are a great seed crop for my chickens. Plant them in the ground, water them a few time if possible, if not, no big deal at all. They are a very good moisture extractor,and watering them is not really required. Several hundred Kansas farmers have proven that.

Kind of a pain in the a** to deal with the stalks afterwords, but they burn good in a rocket stove when dried.

Nut trees are the easiest way to grow calories, and most of those are in the form of fats. They're also the densest food in calories per acre.
I've seen oil presses made from pretty low-tech stuff, and the leftover meal is still plenty good for making bread or even feed for the animals.

Edible oils are probably the most commonly overlooked survival item; dinner would be dismal without dem.

Nut trees are the easiest way to grow calories, and most of those are in the form of fats. They're also the densest food in calories per acre.
I've seen oil presses made from pretty low-tech stuff, and the leftover meal is still plenty good for making bread or even feed for the animals.

Edible oils are probably the most commonly overlooked survival item; dinner would be dismal without dem.

Flax is another oil crop native to northern climates that has many uses as a fiber, a food and oilseed crop. The oil, if processed into linseed oil is also valuable and important for waterproofing, wood preservation, and many other things.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top