JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I probably mentioned this elsewhere, so I apologize… Maybe one of these facilities would help the States who suffer from energy shortfalls. (Edit to add: and/or governance shortfalls)
1711682701682.png

I probably mentioned this elsewhere, so I apologize… Maybe one of these facilities would help the States who suffer from energy shortfalls. (Edit to add: and/or governance shortfalls)
View attachment 1853130
Unfortunately in the PNW the tree huggers and environmentalists have killed off nuclear power…. Next on their agenda is hydro, they're doing it for the fish…

I'm blocked by Ziggy! Engineering jokes are almost as good as lawyer jokes, especially if they're civil (@sobo). Fire away!
Hmm. Apparently I am too? I don't remember ever even responding to anything Ziggy44 had to say? :s0153: Oh well, another person that never learned to scroll. What a shame. Maybe it's a genetic thing?

Hmm. Apparently I am too? I don't remember ever even responding to anything Ziggy44 had to say? :s0153: Oh well, another person that never learned to scroll. What a shame. Maybe it's a genetic thing?
Blocked also. Never did understand being so fragile that thinking blocking someone was an actual thing. Seems very "I am taking my ball and going home". I just don't get it.

There's been many times in my life where I lived without electricity, and I could easily do it again.

I'm on a well, so I have all the equipment to go solar if need be, but I would rather not. I've also got fifteen hundred gallons of water storage.

Haven't used the ignore feature, and don't intend to. Differing views are important to maintain perspective and avoid falling into an echo chamber. We are seeing the effects of that now in our society, helped along by search engines and algorithms designed to only show you what you want to see. I'll put up with the annoying crap - everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinion. :D

Haven't used the ignore feature, and don't intend to. Differing views are important to maintain perspective and avoid falling into an echo chamber. We are seeing the effects of that now in our society, helped along by search engines and algorithms designed to only show you what you want to see. I'll put up with the annoying crap - everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinion. :D
There are times when I just don't have the patience or willingness to listen to another ankle-biting, yappy little dog.

In times like that, the Ignore Button (aka the Penalty Box) is a very handy feature. :s0012:

When I'm not feeling too bad, it can be mildly interesting to hear someone express an incredibly stupid opinion. But it is tiresome.

You're right about the echo chamber. Seems to me that's just part of human nature. "Birds of a feather flock together."

Fortunately, most folks here are lovable teddy-bears. :D

When it breaks down to mean spirited name calling I use the ignore button. I have two on ignore but would bet I'm on more than that by others having offended their delicate sensibilities.

I have told a couple of stories on NWFA about civil engineers doing something stupid. And I have more that I haven't shared!

I've seen engineers do wonderful things, design simple solutions to fix complex problems, and cut through difficult limitations to get the job done. I've also seen the opposite. While it is a technical vocation, there is an element of art to good engineering, and there isn't just one way to approach a task.

The worst combination is a team of uninspired engineers lead by a bean-counter!

I have told a couple of stories on NWFA about civil engineers doing something stupid. And I have more that I haven't shared!

I've seen engineers do wonderful things, design simple solutions to fix complex problems, and cut through difficult limitations to get the job done. I've also seen the opposite. While it is a technical vocation, there is an element of art to good engineering, and there isn't just one way to approach a task.

The worst combination is a team of uninspired engineers lead by a bean-counter!
Just like all fields, engineers fall under the Bell Curve.

A federal judge just allowed the EPA to let California institute a zero-emission statute which will greatly increase demand for electricity there to power the electric heavy trucks. Of course, since over 90% of heavy trucks are operated by mom & pops with less than four vehicles, there will be a massive amount of trucks leaving the California market. How will goods move in California when this happens?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top