JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, over the years, most of my online firearms purchases, at least Title I stuff, has been with the auctions sites (Auction Arms and Gunbroker). I found the carbine I'm after for a good price, and very low shipping, on Grab a Gun tonight. I haven't used them before, so I thought I'd toss it out there: any reason why one should not buy from this vendor? Thanks much.

Ya no issues. I use them quite often for leverage on negotiating in store purchases since I know they will be the lowest with shipping in most cases. If they don't bite, then I go home and order it and have that LGS do the transfer...:D

Ya no issues. I use them quite often for leverage on negotiating in store purchases since I know they will be the lowest with shipping in most cases. If they don't bite, then I go home and order it and have that LGS do the transfer...:D

I am disappointed to read that. Running a LGS is not your typical brick and mortar and Grab A Gun has a significant advantage due to the volume they churn. Different business models.
I would hope you would add something to that on account that you can walk in and say hi : cost of gun + cost of shipping + percentage for his livelihood.
Sure, the LGS owner might be a numb-nutz, d1ck, or a tool, and if that's the case, why support them at all?

I've used GrabAGun at least 10 times and have had a very positive experience each and every time.

They also have a price match feature so if you find a better deal online, they'll match it.

My LGS seems more interested in managing his indoor range than selling firearms. In fact, when I asked him for a price on a firearm, he directed me to the internet and told me he would me more than happy to handle the transfer and background check for me. o_O

I've used GrabAGun at least 10 times and have had a very positive experience each and every time.

They also have a price match feature so if you find a better deal online, they'll match it.

My LGS seems more interested in managing his indoor range than selling firearms. In fact, when I asked him for a price on a firearm, he directed me to the internet and told me he would me more than happy to handle the transfer and background check for me. o_O
That right there sounds like Beavercreek. :confused:

I am disappointed to read that. Running a LGS is not your typical brick and mortar and Grab A Gun has a significant advantage due to the volume they churn. Different business models.
I would hope you would add something to that on account that you can walk in and say hi : cost of gun + cost of shipping + percentage for his livelihood.
Sure, the LGS owner might be a numb-nutz, d1ck, or a tool, and if that's the case, why support them at all?
While I understand the cost of overhead and margins, they still need to be competitive in today's market, regardless of the product they are selling. Also I use it as leverage to negotiate, not asking to price match. I like a good deal but also understand it's important to support local businesses. Yet there has to be a balance between paying a bit more to support and trying to charge MSRP.

While I understand the cost of overhead and margins, they still need to be competitive in today's market, regardless of the product they are selling. Also I use it as leverage to negotiate, not asking to price match. I like a good deal but also understand it's important to support local businesses. Yet there has to be a balance between paying a bit more to support and trying to charge MSRP.
Fair enough, I agree with what you're saying. I also do believe like you, that is it's important to support local businesses. Doing so supports your community.

I see them come up in gun searches all the time....never have used them.
Just ran them through ResellerRatings and there was not much love.
Good to see that some members have done well with them.

Yeah thats the one sade thing about gun stores. There usually not a high margin for firearms so local stores have to sell at full retail to pay for the overhead.
Where as web retailers can reach far and wide and sell cheaper because they sell more.

We have had several gun stores in Vancouver come and go over the years.
It's tough to pay $100 more than online with free shipping.

Best thing they can do is also have a range and gunsmith so they can add on services for more profit

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top