JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BI-Mart's shelves have been looking a bit skinny. I had heard also that the government(military) Had cleaned out PMC's warehouse in one P.O.? Any truth to it? Who knows. We seem to butt our nose in everyone's business now so my guess is Iran is next in 'ol cross hairs!

Wow. Anonymous source from some rogue looking site? Seems legit.:rolleyes:

001-homer-simpson1.jpg

I was in Tigard Bi-Mart the other day and the ammo shelf was thin, the lady there said that people are starting to hoard again since the first of the year. Also I have a friend in the industry and he tells me the same thing. Remember it's an election year and people get skiddish.

I will have to some research to determine if it is factual that the USG has dramatically increased purchasing of ammo.

here are some reasons why this may be market or fear driven.

1, Lots of folks watching preppeing shos on TV, and re-allocate disposable income to buy up goods as a reactionary thing.

2, Many people fear OH BOBO (I got from the name from a post here and love it) may get re-elected and thus fear (legitimately) he will continue his anti-gun and anti-american agenda.

3, People fear (legitimately) that if OH BOBO does not get elected the Jack @$$e$ will turn temporarily cause a lot of problems and thus want to have ammo around to defend their home and family.

4, If is it is .40 cal that is disappearing more and more people are buy .40 cals compared to what they were several years ago thus driving up ammo.

5, Large Government agencies tend to buy in bulk to cut cost and a lot of times, for training purposes buy large quantities, and small local agencies are required to buy from small business whenever possible so maybe an order wiped out a local warehouses inventory, after who would fill large big dollar order over several small orders, and just re-order to restock.

6, Maybe they know something we don't?

Not to say concerns are not legit, but I remember when OH BOBO was elected between Nov and Feb. you could hardly find a box of 22's anywhere and they were rationing the sales at walmart.

I too plan to buy more ammo, this year.

WOW I was in Bi Mart an hour ago in Salem and they had so much reloading powder and bullets they had it stacked up on the counter. They were stocking .22 shells and had boxes of ammo on the floor.

Same with Wholesale Sports in Salem they had ammo stacked up every where as well as the whole Bullet rack and other reloading stuff was full.

STOP RUNNING AROUND LIKE CHICKEN LITTLE

Palmetto State Armory
.40 S&W
.24 Item(s)
Hornady TAP Personal Defense 40 SW 155gr JHP 20rd
$16.95 Add to Cart | Add to Compare

Federal .40 SW 180gr FMJ 50rd
$13.95 Add to Cart | Add to Compare

I Think the Gov't is simply stockpiling ammo just like the rest of us. Also, many Gov't Agencies are or already have switched over to .40 Caliber weapons, so it's only logical that they buy the correct ammo for their "Newer" Guns!

Although it sounds a bit crazy, I heard that the Gov't is "prepping" for a potential uprising, and they're stocking up on anti-personnel munitions to stave off the rioters/revolutionaries. Remember, This is not solid fact! just a rumor, but I would not be surprised if they truly are afraid of us.

What would the Government do with .223? Military rifles shoot and are designed for 5.56mm What would the government do with anything besides 22LR 5.56mm 9mm .40sw .308 and 12ga shells. I don't think they have a use for .270Win or .243 or 30-06 or 7mm mag or or or or or or or.

If they only ammo you rely on is military surplus. Your an idiot. As that is the FIRST ammo that will be horded and disappear from the shelves. Common hunting ammo will be around a lot longer.

I'm in the clear I have plenty of 30-40Krag stocked up and a rifle that will last another 100 years.

What would the Government do with .223? Military rifles shoot and are designed for 5.56mm What would the government do with anything besides 22LR 5.56mm 9mm .40sw .308 and 12ga shells. I don't think they have a use for .270Win or .243 or 30-06 or 7mm mag or or or or or or or..

.223 is so similar to 5.56 a weapon bored for 5.56 can fire .223 , just some bored for .223 cannot fire a 5.56 one needs to look at the end of the barrel to see what is stamped on it.

As far as not having something becasue it fires a USG round, well your theory is not altogether correct. there will times to acquire from the them in shtf scnario, I will leave the rest to your imagination, besides the obvious of someone who is down and vehicles were wrecked and not properly stripped beofre abandoning and so on, and so on.

Varying caliber is two fold situation which I do, beacuse then you have to stock up on multiple calibers, but in a shtf situation the more varied your calibers are the more likely you are to be able to get ammo ofr at least or two some how or another.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top