JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would the government stock non gov ammo? easy, they will be supplying ammo for the guns they confiscate. A certain number of people will flip on there fellow citizens, they will be equipped with confiscated weapons and uncle sugar will need to keep them in ammo(and birth control for the slut sandra fluke) If I were a power mad president who held the constitution and people in disdain that's what Id do.

I don't think they have a use for .270Win or .243 or 30-06 or 7mm mag or or or or or or or.

Not to start anything, but all those rounds are either former military calibers or modified military calibers.

The US Military used the .30-06 all the way from 1906 to the 1970's

.243 is simply a .308 necked down to a 6mm bullet

.270 is a .30-06 necked down to a 6.8mm bullet

So I would not be surprised if the Military/Gov't uses these calibers! If fact, Some Gov't Agencies actually use "Sporting Arms" simply because they work!

Not to start anything, but all those rounds are either former military calibers or modified military calibers.

The US Military used the .30-06 all the way from 1906 to the 1970's

.243 is simply a .308 necked down to a 6mm bullet

.270 is a .30-06 necked down to a 6.8mm bullet

So I would not be surprised if the Military/Gov't uses these calibers! If fact, Some Gov't Agencies actually use "Sporting Arms" simply because they work!

So your postulating the US government has bolt action .270's hidden away for what reason? Or maybe pump action remingtons in .270? And exactly what firearm would they be using .243 in?

You need to refold your tin foil hat there appears to be a big leak.

Yeah I know, it does not make sense even though the contract is one base year with 4 option years, with an overall potential of 450 million, which means they likely have a base year of 90 million with four optional years of 90 million each. It also means that if they negotiated the four optional years that they plan on exercising those optional years, anyway you put it 90 million rounds a year is a heck of a lot of ammo.

Last Edited:
I have not been able to find any substantiating evidence that the USG is buying up any other rounds besides the .40 caliblers, I have read lots of blogs about 5.56 and stuff, but none actually had any evidence, if anyone has any it would be interesting to read where, how much and why.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top