Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Got My First Stamp!

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by HalfNutz, Jul 13, 2010.

1. HalfNutz

HalfNutz Kirkland (Juanita) Member

My first stamp and it came back in record time. It came in yesterday and I submitted the application on May 11. Fastest my dealer has ever seen it happen. I used the Trust form my dealer recommended and no hassles at all.

2. sprice37

sprice37 Albany Oregon Active Member

Sweet who was the examiner?? They just received my stuff yesterday so I have a nice long wait. :( How do you like trhe outback? I have a tac65 on the way.

3. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

just so's you knows.. the number written on your stamp is the serial number of your NFA item.

congrats on your quick turnaround. that's the fastest i've seen. my last was exactly 60 days from mailbox to approval, then 2 days to mail it to me. and that is fast.

4. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

Congrats man! What a feeling, eh?

5. HalfNutz

I couldn't make out his/her name, but here's the signature.

I'll post and update once I've had a chance to travel down south and give the Outback a try. :thumbup:

6. HalfNutz

Thx - I missed that. :) :thumbup:

Yeah, my dealer kept saying minimum 3 months, so I was happy that it got here this soon.

Wanna hear a bummer story? My dealer has the approved can/stamp for a customer but can't get in touch with him. His address and phone number are no longer valid so the can/stamp have been sitting at the dealer for about a month.

Here's my Mosquito with can attached.

7. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

I have never thought about getting a stamp. You have to have it on you when you go shooting?

8. ShelbyT

ShelbyT BeaverTOWN New Member

your lucky.. I have been waiting 4 months for my .22 can....

9. HalfNutz

A copy of the stamp/paperwork must accompany the NFA item at all times from what I understand.

10. TOVO

TOVO SW WA. Active Member

Congrat's on your first can. A 22lr can is great choice. My latest AOW that was just approved only took 2 months. I also have a 22 can waiting to be assigned to an Examiner still and the check cashed 1.5 months ago. The approval times still seem to be all over the board. Have fun.

11. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

You should but it is not necessary. An officer can run the serial number and find out who it is registered to.

12. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

What is the stamp for? Don't mean to sound stupid, but all that sounds new to me.

13. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

suppressors, machine guns, short barrel rifles and shotguns, and any other weapons are all title II weapons. usually called class 3 weapons. when you pay the $200 fee you are paying a tax for a stamp not a license. you literally get a stamp back on your paperwork.