JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
good job S.R.J.! memories that kid will never forget. i have been trying to get my grandson into hunting without much luck. he really likes to shoot but i dont know about the hunting stuff. showed him the pictures of the elk i got and he said ooooh how come everybody is smiling about a dead animal hanging from a tree. i am not done working on him yet but dont know if i will ever get him hunting.

Elk.jpg

I met this one on Monday afternoon in the Trask Unit.

Elk.jpg

good job S.R.J.! memories that kid will never forget. i have been trying to get my grandson into hunting without much luck. he really likes to shoot but i dont know about the hunting stuff. showed him the pictures of the elk i got and he said ooooh how come everybody is smiling about a dead animal hanging from a tree. i am not done working on him yet but dont know if i will ever get him hunting.

When I first met my future daughter in law, she was a vegetarian from the state just south of us. It took awhile, but she now is a Deer and Elk monster with 3 bulls, two cows and several deer behind her. It took time, but it can be done. He'll come around I'm sure.
By the way, I wouldn't want to get between her and an elk steak now either, I guy could get bit!

Buddy of mine went out with a pretty good sized group this year (I think he said 11 people), hunted down somewhere around the Roseburg area. Between the group, they got 4 elk. Unfortunately, his cousin had the meat hanging in his garage, and it was too warm in there, and all the meat spoiled before they got it processed.

I think I would have to disown the cousin. what a waste!

Yeah, they didn't get it weighed, but he was guessing they lost about 1400 lb of meat, give or take. And yeah, that cousin is NOT invited next year! He's going to keep it a small direct-family hunt, since he can trust his dad to not be stupid with the meat!

:s0054:
Yeah, they didn't get it weighed, but he was guessing they lost about 1400 lb of meat, give or take. And yeah, that cousin is NOT invited next year! He's going to keep it a small direct-family hunt, since he can trust his dad to not be stupid with the meat!

after thinking about it the cousin wasnt the only one at fault, if there were eleven people volved somebody should have been paying attention. I had elk steak for supper tonight, cant imagine losing that much elk meat. a crying shame!:s0054:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top