JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0054:

after thinking about it the cousin wasnt the only one at fault, if there were eleven people volved somebody should have been paying attention. I had elk steak for supper tonight, cant imagine losing that much elk meat. a crying shame!:s0054:

I guess the deal was they'd go out hunting, then if they got something, they would dress it and the cousin would take it to his place to hang while everyone else stayed at the campground. So by the time they finished the trip, it was already too late.

It makes no difference who's garage the meat was in, every person that harvested an Elk shares in the blame there. If this was to have happened to a licensed game processor their licence could be revoked and fines levied. As a hunter this is called wanton waist of a game animal and the same thing can happen to those that shot them.
The only reason to shoot any big game animal is for consumption of the meat. With the exception of the Cougar (I believe) ALL meat excluding the offal is to be recovered.

I agree with sheepdip, that is truly a crying shame.

Shot up Indian creek after a long week and miles of hunting. My first bull elk what a rush!
149113_3889962298624_614700058_n.jpg
29374_444215352305202_202598754_n.jpg

149113_3889962298624_614700058_n.jpg

29374_444215352305202_202598754_n.jpg

hunting elk where there are actually elk is about as much fun as an adult can have. i cant think of a better feeling than being in close quarters with wild elk with an elk tag in my pocket. their tracks, steaming poop. the smell of elk in the woods. being able to hear them, glance them from time to time and then finally catching up with them. man alive what a feeling.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top