JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So like it says I picked up a m&p shield 9mm. I was super excited to shoot it and use it for concealed carry. Well after I shot it I'm not sure how I feel about it. I can shoot it fine but I don't think I like the trigger very much. It seems so stiff. I shoot my Xdm 4.5 45 acp a lot and love the trigger it has. I guess I'm wondering how the trigger is in the Xds. Is it anything like my XDM? Or should I just get the Apex tactical trigger for my shield?

Thanks for the help

IF the only gripe is the trigger- everyone pretty well agrees S&W triggers kinda suck outta box but very easy fix with Apex parts. Or send it to ATEi and get slide treatment and trigger job!

I have both the XDm 4.5" in .45 ACP, and the XD-S in .45 ACP. Right now the XD-S is my choice for concealed carry due to it's small size.

If the world gets uglier, I might think about carrying the XDm since it has more rounds (13 versus 5, or 7 if extended mag with the XD-S) and I'm generally more accurate with the XDm due to the longer barrel.

Peter

I had a M&P9C and put in the APEX kit. Even then, I wasn't too impressed with the trigger. I have not shot a Shield but I can't imagine it be any better. I do like the XDs' trigger so I might give the XDs9 a try

So like it says I picked up a m&p shield 9mm. I was super excited to shoot it and use it for concealed carry. Well after I shot it I'm not sure how I feel about it. I can shoot it fine but I don't think I like the trigger very much. It seems so stiff. I shoot my Xdm 4.5 45 acp a lot and love the trigger it has. I guess I'm wondering how the trigger is in the Xds. Is it anything like my XDM? Or should I just get the Apex tactical trigger for my shield?

Thanks for the help
I'd trade you my M&P40c with Apex DCAEK trigger kit in it, laser, 3 mags, and the ammo in the mags straight across for the Shield. I love my wife's shield for the size (can carry in my pocket).

Xds 9 is nowhere near the weapon the Shield is. Bought mine last night with the intention of replacing my shield but after putting 30 rds through the Xds 9 last nigh I think its gonna be for sale very soon. Very surprised since I love my Xdms...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

specifics on why you don't like the xds 9? I've been waiting for them to come out, to compare to the shield. I had 2 M&P's & got rid of both, mainly due to the triggers. I refused to put that much more in them for the apex kit at the time. A poor design should be addressed by the mfr, not consumer IMO. I've always really liked the xd triggers...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews