JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So like it says I picked up a m&p shield 9mm. I was super excited to shoot it and use it for concealed carry. Well after I shot it I'm not sure how I feel about it. I can shoot it fine but I don't think I like the trigger very much. It seems so stiff. I shoot my Xdm 4.5 45 acp a lot and love the trigger it has. I guess I'm wondering how the trigger is in the Xds. Is it anything like my XDM? Or should I just get the Apex tactical trigger for my shield?

Thanks for the help

IF the only gripe is the trigger- everyone pretty well agrees S&W triggers kinda suck outta box but very easy fix with Apex parts. Or send it to ATEi and get slide treatment and trigger job!

I have both the XDm 4.5" in .45 ACP, and the XD-S in .45 ACP. Right now the XD-S is my choice for concealed carry due to it's small size.

If the world gets uglier, I might think about carrying the XDm since it has more rounds (13 versus 5, or 7 if extended mag with the XD-S) and I'm generally more accurate with the XDm due to the longer barrel.

Peter

I had a M&P9C and put in the APEX kit. Even then, I wasn't too impressed with the trigger. I have not shot a Shield but I can't imagine it be any better. I do like the XDs' trigger so I might give the XDs9 a try

So like it says I picked up a m&p shield 9mm. I was super excited to shoot it and use it for concealed carry. Well after I shot it I'm not sure how I feel about it. I can shoot it fine but I don't think I like the trigger very much. It seems so stiff. I shoot my Xdm 4.5 45 acp a lot and love the trigger it has. I guess I'm wondering how the trigger is in the Xds. Is it anything like my XDM? Or should I just get the Apex tactical trigger for my shield?

Thanks for the help
I'd trade you my M&P40c with Apex DCAEK trigger kit in it, laser, 3 mags, and the ammo in the mags straight across for the Shield. I love my wife's shield for the size (can carry in my pocket).

Xds 9 is nowhere near the weapon the Shield is. Bought mine last night with the intention of replacing my shield but after putting 30 rds through the Xds 9 last nigh I think its gonna be for sale very soon. Very surprised since I love my Xdms...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

specifics on why you don't like the xds 9? I've been waiting for them to come out, to compare to the shield. I had 2 M&P's & got rid of both, mainly due to the triggers. I refused to put that much more in them for the apex kit at the time. A poor design should be addressed by the mfr, not consumer IMO. I've always really liked the xd triggers...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top