JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ordered my Shield and before I got it I took the girlfriend to the range and rented an Xdsc and a M&Pc to compare and we both really liked the Xd and both really didnt like the M&P so I was worried that I wouldn't like my Shield.

Luckily as all the Shield reviews show there is a very big change in the Shields compared to their big brothers and I love everything about it.
I have recently discovered the Xdm line and have been purchasing more of them so I thought I would match my larger SA pistols with an Xds 9 for carry.

I only put 30 rounds through it yesterday but the trigger is by far the worst trigger of any pistol I have shot. There is the standard 1/2" or so of free pull before you feel any resistance. Then another 3/8" or so of hard pull with no clean break. Its like a bad double action revolver pull every round.

Im no pistol expert but have shot my fair share. I cant imagine any break in period will change the way the trigger pulls. Im going to give this another shot at the range in the next week or so but have a strong feeling its going to be traded off soon.

Everyone has their opinions and this is my own...The Shield is far superior in every aspect for a concealed weapon and is still on top. Now I just need to find one in .40 S&W....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I lucked out and got one about 3 weeks ago. Great little carry gun with a really short reset. I ended up putting the Pierce extensions on it and got a blade tech IWB holster. So far I really like it. It fills the intended role.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top