JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How long are you going to live in denial that there's any difference other than what that can utilize to control your mind into the delusion of choice?

How many times until you question whether or maybe Hulk Hogan and the Macho Man might be working together, might have similar goals?

Seriously. Dude, they are every last teeny tiny bit as bad and have been and will be for the foreseeable future.
I meant all of them,dems,repubs,all of them.

There is about three different parties int he senate drafting/talking about background checks. Another reason why the whole gun-control platform is weaker.
I can see improvements in making the current system better (improved mental health records access, enforcing current laws (including straw purchases)) but I have not seen any details that outline if that is were these bills are going.

Here is the link for the press release by Senator Toomey for the compromise. Looks like all Internet and Gun Show Sales will go thru NICS but private sales don't require a background check. Appears that if a private sale does include NICS check then seller gets immunity from civil suit if the gun is used to commit a crime, which is nice. Transfers between family and friends (we are friends right) don't require a background check. Was reported that the bill included concealed carry license reciprocity but Schumer struck that from the agreement. Still don't like it but it isn't that bad. You think that politicians would understand that gun control doesn't sell. They wasted a lot of politician capital on this weak tea.

<broken link removed>

So, if my neighbor posts his 1911 on a local internet classifieds site it then becomes an internet sale when I buy it. I have to go to an ffl to do the transfer. It appears this is not just Internet sales but anything posted on the internet that may be purchased locally too.

So, if my neighbor posts his 1911 on a local internet classifieds site it then becomes an internet sale when I buy it. I have to go to an ffl to do the transfer. It appears this is not just Internet sales but anything posted on the internet that may be purchased locally too.

There is the rub, what is an internet sale? Is agreeing to buy a gun on this site and then meeting in person to complete the transaction an internet sale? Or do they want to ensure that people that sale a gun thru the internet and then ship the firearm run a background check since they never meet the person. Hopefully they understand that you can't ship a firearm to an individual, so all mailed firearms must go to an FFL who will then perform a background check.

Either they don't know what they are talking about or they're trying to shut down private sales and recogonize that most of the sales originate on the internet these days.

Paul has it right. There is no need for any further gun legislation. Enforce the laws we have now. Prosecute people who break them. Stop the plea-bargaining that goes on.
The Toomey bill is a farce otherwise why would Schumer appear to bless it. Background checks solve nothing and only server to harass lawful citizens.
Butch

And, remember... SAF/Gottlieb had a hand in writing the FAILED Toomey/Manchin Ammendment!

Without knowing what SAF/Gottlieb's part was there is no reason to hold anything against the guy or the organization. Its very possible he worked to dilute the measure as much as possible.

People here might not know it but in 1989 when Vera Kats was trying to attack firearms owners here in Oregon Members of the Pro gun community got involved on the ground level with her to "Help Her" write a good bill that gun owners would accept. She thought she was getting one over on us. Yet in reality what happened was we gained the Shall Issue rights to Concealed Handgun Permits. Something she never intended when the process started.

Some times the best way to help your cause is to help steer the enemy.

So until someone learns exactly what SAF/Gottlieb part in this was I'll hold my thoughts.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top