JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like the GOP is getting ready to cave on private firearm transaction background checks. Please call or email your Senator and Representatives and tell them to vote against restriction of freedom and privacy invasion!

"Ms. Collins said she had spoken several times with Mr. Manchin and was pleased that the new language would exempt from background checks the sale or exchange of guns between family members. Under the measure, records of gun sales would be kept, but Ms. Collins said she was satisfied that those records could in no way be compiled into a national gun registry, a fear gun rights groups have been voicing."

Susan Collins of Maine back-stabs conservatives yet again. She is just another example of the incredibly poor people elected to serve in D.C. She needs to change her party affiliation to liberal fascist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/10/u...cans-oppose-filibuster-on-gun-bill.html?_r=1&

Looks like the GOP is getting ready to cave on private firearm transaction background checks. Please call or email your Senator and Representatives and tell them to vote against restriction of freedom and privacy invasion!

"Ms. Collins said she had spoken several times with Mr. Manchin and was pleased that the new language would exempt from background checks the sale or exchange of guns between family members. Under the measure, records of gun sales would be kept, but Ms. Collins said she was satisfied that those records could in no way be compiled into a national gun registry, a fear gun rights groups have been voicing."

Susan Collins of Maine back-stabs conservatives yet again. She is just another example of the incredibly poor people elected to serve in D.C. She needs to change her party affiliation to liberal fascist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/10/u...cans-oppose-filibuster-on-gun-bill.html?_r=1&

You older folks will remember:

"We will never pull you over and ticket you for just not wearing a seatbelt."

"Your SSN will never be used as a means of identification."

"We only want cigarette advertisements removed from television. "

Keith

The article I read said the Republicans had agreed yo expand background checks to gun shows and internet sales. That means nothing for Oregon, internet sales already require a background check and we are already required to have background checks done at gun shows. Maybe a big deal for other states, but as I see it, it will not change anything here. Regardless I will write my legislators tonight.

The article I read said the Republicans had agreed yo expand background checks to gun shows and internet sales. That means nothing for Oregon, internet sales already require a background check and we are already required to have background checks done at gun shows. Maybe a big deal for other states, but as I see it, it will not change anything here. Regardless I will write my legislators tonight.

This bill will require background checks for all private sales, including face-to-face in-state sales, whether they are at a gun show or not.

Call your Senator and Congressman! This is invasion of pricacy and restricts freedom.

The devil will be in the details. Like Obamacare I don't believe the idiots actually have a fully fleshed out bill to propose. Well, not quite true. I think Schumer has his version which includes all gun transactions and eliminating the ATF requirement to destroy records after 6 months - ahh, that is registration isn't it?. People like McCain and Toomey are in WA for the power and money. None of the laws they pass actually will apply to them. Their concern is placating the voting public at home so they can con their way to one more term.

The only way to change them is put the fear of God in them that enough people oppose what the direction they're going that they change their minds or at least hesitate. Sometimes besides writing to bash the ones we can't stand, we need to write the ones showing us some hope and give them support. Paul, Rubio, Lee and even McConnell on the filibuster. We have to keep the pressure on.

If this bill passes, I am going to make the seller of any private gun transaction I do sign a paper saying they are my cousin. Because it appears as if family sales will be exempt. Get ready for another dark stinky pile of you-know-what of a law...

How long are you going to live in denial that there's any difference other than what they can utilize to control your mind into the delusion of there being a choice? The delusion that you are free.

How many times until you question whether or not maybe Hulk Hogan and the Macho Man might be working together, might have similar goals? Seriously. Dude, they are every last teeny tiny bit as bad and have been and will be for the foreseeable future.

I've said it before,the only way to enforce this law is total registration.period.
The repubs are just as bad as the dems if they sell us out.They should all be hung for treason.

They will keep records, but not use them for a national registry? It does not matter what party or position a person supports, no one in America trusts the politicians or government. That is one thing that truly is universal.

They will keep records, but not use them for a national registry? It does not matter what party or position a person supports, no one in America trusts the politicians or government. That is one thing that truly is universal.

How many people from regimes in the past have believed this only to be suppressed?
Computers are wondrous tools if you have programmers who know what they are doing. It may take weeks, months or years, but a central system can be built. Look around you at the money already being thrown at building systems and how they are already part of your daily life just for example when you get gas or buy something on-line.

In WA state there are no state mandated background checks for non FFL dealers at gun shows

Howdy Blitz
Non FFL Dealers?
What did you really mean?
There is no such thing as a non FFL dealer except for those in business selling guns who are breaking the law

You're right, my statement definitely could be misconstrued, but we both know what I meant though.. FFL = dealer

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top