JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I don't understand is why Cogs from Washougal Wa. spends so much time shooting in an area that's 2-4hr drive from his home base?? Who is this guy? I do know he is an admitted trash shooter which is illegal # small appliances & the like check his previous post's.
Ha, Jim, you're funny! No, man, I don't shoot at Gooseneck. In fact, I've only been there once to view what's going on in that area and didn't even shoot! We both know the BLM agency is having trouble with crazy shooting practices and I wanted to get a first hand look at what's going on, so we can help the BLM to make the right choices and leave the good (safe) places open, however, that may mean to close the unsafe places (which is a good thing from a responsible shooter's perspective).

You say I'm an admitted trash shooter? Well perhaps, in my younger days (40+ years ago), but now that I know the rules and don't care to fork over any of my own cash to the government in fines, I tend to avoid shooting trash for quite some time now. So what are you implying? Or is it that you misread something I said about people shooting trash out there?

You questioned who I am. I'm just a guy who has a heart for seeing that recreational target shooting on public lands stays open for our current and future generations. To do that, it's about time we start joining together and have a bigger voice in what's happening on our public lands. If we abuse it, we loose it. If we take care of it, it stays open. Like I say, "Stewardship Keeps It Open".

So Jim, it doesn't matter where I live or where I shoot. What matters to me is that we all share in the care of any public lands we have. We gotta have places to shoot and I don't care where it is, I'd like to help see that they stay open.

Thanks for the opportunity to explain myself! :) And you are welcome to join our Public Land Target Shooters forum to help cause a difference in the Gooseneck area.

Bill

Ha, Jim, you're funny! No, man, I don't shoot at Gooseneck. In fact, I've only been there once to view what's going on in that area and didn't even shoot! We both know the BLM agency is having trouble with crazy shooting practices and I wanted to get a first hand look at what's going on, so we can help the BLM to make the right choices and leave the good (safe) places open, however, that may mean to close the unsafe places (which is a good thing from a responsible shooter's perspective).

You say I'm an admitted trash shooter? Well perhaps, in my younger days (40+ years ago), but now that I know the rules and don't care to fork over any of my own cash to the government in fines, I tend to avoid shooting trash for quite some time now. So what are you implying? Or is it that you misread something I said about people shooting trash out there?

You questioned who I am. I'm just a guy who has a heart for seeing that recreational target shooting on public lands stays open for our current and future generations. To do that, it's about time we start joining together and have a bigger voice in what's happening on our public lands. If we abuse it, we loose it. If we take care of it, it stays open. Like I say, "Stewardship Keeps It Open".

So Jim, it doesn't matter where I live or where I shoot. What matters to me is that we all share in the care of any public lands we have. We gotta have places to shoot and I don't care where it is, I'd like to help see that they stay open.

Thanks for the opportunity to explain myself! :) And you are welcome to join our Public Land Target Shooters forum to help cause a difference in the Gooseneck area.

Bill
you made a post around a month or so ago, re read your posts. you were reprimanded for shooting trash by another member. that was about a month ago not 40yrs. ago in your youth. are you a democrat? then your words would make sense.

you made a post around a month or so ago, re read your posts. you were reprimanded for shooting trash by another member. that was about a month ago not 40yrs. ago in your youth. are you a democrat? then your words would make sense.
Okay, bud. Find it and post it. No freakin way! Period. Enough of this bs. If you don't know who I am and what I stand for, then kick back and do some research. I'm all over this forum and you'll find I am what I am. (Gee, just like Pop Eye! :))

So Jim, are you AntiFA (anti Fire Arms)? I don't get why you are attacking me. Please show me some proof of what you are talking about. Either that, or perhaps you are just a troll who wants to stir the pot, just like the Anti-'s do,

Okay, bud. Find it and post it. No freakin way! Period. Enough of this bs. If you don't know who I am and what I stand for, then kick back and do some research. I'm all over this forum and you'll find I am what I am. (Gee, just like Pop Eye! :))
[/OKAY I'm having a huge slice of humble pie right now........ It was northgate503 that liked shooting trash & you are the one who reprimanded him on 07/06/2020. My sincerest heart felt apology to you sir. if you've never made a fool of yourself I suggest you don't start know, ouch this truly hurts, but I will walk away from this a wiser man. thanks for standing your ground, sir

Ha! No worries man. I was just a bit surprised because of our previous conversations on this thread where we seemed like we were on the same page. Sorry bout the Q's on the AntiFA thing! I thought it was kind of a funny thing to say!

At any rate, best wishes to you and hope you have a good year (although Biden may ruin it for all of us!).,

Ha! No worries man. I was just a bit surprised because of our previous conversations on this thread where we seemed like we were on the same page. Sorry bout the Q's on the AntiFA thing! I thought it was kind of a funny thing to say!

At any rate, best wishes to you and hope you have a good year (although Biden may ruin it for all of us!).,
my only redeeming quality in this life, i'm not opposed to admitting my own error's even in public before man & GOD. again so sorry for my faults

my only redeeming quality in this life, i'm not opposed to admitting my own error's even in public before man & GOD. again so sorry for my faults
I know what you mean. I hate it when I do that! But hey, we be human and stuff happens, so what! We live to see another day and look forward to a day when we all shoot together! Right?!!! Carry on!

For anyone interested there is a steel target @ 350yds in that area. if any intresest
I know what you mean. I hate it when I do that! But hey, we be human and stuff happens, so what! We live to see another day and look forward to a day when we all shoot together! Right?!!! Carry on!
thanks for the kindness & understanding. agree 100% sending a post to a 350yd target @ gooseneck rd i don't think many if any know of it's location

Well folks, I spent the day with a chainsaw clearing out Gooseneck Road. Ended up tweaking my chainsaw so I only made it to the three forks area (perhaps three miles). A little more work and the area should be open to shooters again.

Before
A495ED09-20A4-4608-8F59-C87CE3E71B0C.jpeg
After
9C92060F-C21F-4BB4-BCA4-C045B6D23DC3.jpeg
Before
EAA2D7BA-B8F6-44B3-AAE7-86E6D525A40D.jpeg
After
87FB786F-AD13-4F46-9930-086CD488DB95.jpeg
Before
22D35D54-665A-4934-A8FB-45D9373F00D5.jpeg
After 9BBAE851-397F-4E44-9FB5-1FA294D1E4F3.jpeg
Before
94B62F5F-66D4-4847-A2DB-65AA94356806.jpeg
After
3A7E119F-1BC0-4493-BAEC-C2E7E235BEDF.jpeg

This is the tree that tweaked my chainsaw so I don't have an after pic
F798F726-0E1C-4F6B-AB15-CF682C5F6AD4.jpeg

Safe Shooting!

Well folks, I spent the day with a chainsaw clearing out Gooseneck Road. Ended up tweaking my chainsaw so I only made it to the three forks area (perhaps three miles). A little more work and the area should be open to shooters again.

Before
View attachment 827489
After
View attachment 827490
Before
View attachment 827491
After
View attachment 827492
Before
View attachment 827493
AfterView attachment 827494
Before
View attachment 827495
After
View attachment 827496

This is the tree that tweaked my chainsaw so I don't have an after pic
View attachment 827497

Safe Shooting!
Wow! Nice work, Union! People will appreciate that!

Great work @UnionMillsNW !!! Thank you for doing that, i actually went up there the day before you did with my buddy to shoot my AR for the first time ever, but didnt make it through because of those trees.

Does anyone know if its cleared up enough now to be able to go shooting up there?

Great work @UnionMillsNW !!! Thank you for doing that, i actually went up there the day before you did with my buddy to shoot my AR for the first time ever, but didnt make it through because of those trees.

Does anyone know if its cleared up enough now to be able to go shooting up there?

Happy to do it.

I doubt the forest service has had time or resources to clear more. I cleared up to the three finger split. If you're willing to walk from there it's only a mile or so until there are decent shooting spots.

Good luck.

Happy to do it.

I doubt the forest service has had time or resources to clear more. I cleared up to the three finger split. If you're willing to walk from there it's only a mile or so until there are decent shooting spots.

Good luck.
I've read through the form from the beginning of the year and I want to give a special thank you to Union Mills Northwest for doing so much for everybody

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.